WTB a 3-4 in duplex boiler pump

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Mountaineer

Re: WTB a 3-4 in duplex boiler pump

Post by Mountaineer »

^^^ would love to see pics of your CPR Hudson.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Mountaineer wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:38 am ^^^ would love to see pics of your CPR Hudson.
Go to my YouTube channel BasementEngineer, or just google it with the given name.
You need to poke around a little because my son uses the same channel.
You will find ol' #2888 running at the track in Hamilton, Ontario, and at Les Cedres, Quebec.
Enjoy! Wolfgang

While I think of it, there are some pics of that iron horse somewhere on this blog. Is there an easy way to search for stuff on this blog? Thanks, w.
rmac

Post by rmac »

Is there an easy way to search for stuff on this blog?
Use Google. If you add "site:chaski.org" (without the quotes) to your search, Google will limit the search to this forum. For example:

2888 site:chaski.org

-- Russell Mac
Carrdo

Post by Carrdo »

If you use the search feature on Chaski and type in Wolfgang Habicher's 3/4" Scale Duplex Pumps, you will find the thread with photos of his duplex pump units.

His set of CAD drawings are truly beautiful. I have a set of them purchased many years ago.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

The BvB pumps typically will not work horizontally because of the valve design which are free floating balls and will not seat properly unless they are vertical.

I have one that I twisted to run under the cab of my Hudson as a fake stoker engine. Cylinders are horizontal and valves still vertical.

Not a great trick, but the fact that I made it work pretty much proves that any fool can build one, or 20 as the case may be.

Somewhere I have pencil and paper design drawings that I can scan and copy for someone who is serious about building one
Too many things going on to bother listing them.