Elesco pump drawings

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

joeburgard540

Re: Elesco pump drawings

Post by joeburgard540 »

Another scan of the Elesco CF-1 pump from the Locomotive Cyclopedia 1944 edition.
Attachments
Fig. 4.31 & 4.32 Elesco Type CF-1 Feed Pump & Hydraulic Control Valve.jpg
locomotiveps4

Post by locomotiveps4 »

Greetings to all: I have a CF pump drawn up for my Ps4. before making a prototype I would like to know if anyone has a drawing or picture of the backside of this pump. thanks Steve
Bruce_Mowbray

Post by Bruce_Mowbray »

I will be able to get a picture with measurements of one but I am on my gov't furlough for another week. I'll be back at work on the 9th.
Bruce Mowbray
Springville & Southern RR
TMB Manufacturing & Locomotive Works
locomotiveps4

Post by locomotiveps4 »

Thanks Bruce, That would be great.
Steve
amadlinger

Post by amadlinger »

Hi folks,

I'm digging this thread up from a while ago because I'm wondering: has anyone made any progress on fabricating a scale Elesco CF-1 pump? I am now at the point where I need to come up with a solution for my 1.5" B&M 2-8-0 build, and would love to chat with anyone who has.

Many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Adam
2691_2-22-22.JPG
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

I'd be very interested as well in seeing elesco water pump drawings.
Elesco pumps also had a plate with words on the front, kinda like how there's a plate with some patent words on a westinghouse airpump. Do you have a photo or drawing of what the plate looked like or had on it ?

I'd think you could use the internal working of something like a solar pump and just make the body look different
Mark Landgraf

Post by Mark Landgraf »

Guys,

I can offer the attached drawings. In addition, I have about 140 Elsco drawings for a bunch of their products. They will fit on a DVD. If interested, mail me a $5 bill. Please state what you are interested in.

Mark Landgraf
3 Coral Berry Circle
Albany NY
Attachments
3278 Pump Outline.jpg
1745 Pump Assembly.jpg
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

If you are just trying to cover costs of the CD and postage, you can always just post on a file sharing site like google drive, mega etc, then anyone can download them without issue in full resolution, even the if the file size is 2GB or whatever
Mike McCotter

Post by Mike McCotter »

Hello all, I will be doing a build log on the CF-1 pump in the near future. I have many hours invested in this project.
Mike McCotter
amadlinger

Post by amadlinger »

Hi Mike, that's great! I eagerly await your build log and am glad to hear I'm not the only one who has been thinking about this.

As Berkman alluded to, my initial reaction was to use a known pump design as a starting point. But on further review, the external check valve housings are very challenging to incorporate without going "all in" with the passages cored into the pump body.

@Mark, thank you for the wonderful and helpful drawings!
Berkman

Post by Berkman »

wonder if someone like Eccentric Engineer or Keim etc would be interested in building them.
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Mark Landgraf wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:29 pm Guys,

I can offer the attached drawings. In addition, I have about 140 Elsco drawings for a bunch of their products. They will fit on a DVD. If interested, mail me a $5 bill. Please state what you are interested in.

Mark Landgraf
3 Coral Berry Circle
Albany NY
Hi Mark,

You forgot your zip code….easy enough to look up.

Could I send you a thumb drive to load the drawings on?

Thanks!

Andy Pullen
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.