ValveGear Constructor - program access or valve gear design service

Discuss park gauge trains and large scale miniature railways having track gauges from 8" to 24" gauge and designed at scales of 2" to the foot or greater - whether modeled for personal use, or purpose built for amusement park operation or private railroading.

Moderators: Glenn Brooks, Harold_V

Forum rules
Topics may include: antique park gauge train restoration, preservation, and history; building new grand scale equipment from scratch; large scale miniature railway construction, maintenance, and safe operation; fallen flags; track, gauge, and equipment standards; grand scale vendor offerings; and, compiling an on-line motive power roster.
VGC

ValveGear Constructor - program access or valve gear design service

Post by VGC »

Dear members,

for those who do not read the garden railroad postings in the other forum section, here my introduction of my valve gear design online program.
Currently, I decided to concentrate on park railroad locos (about 15" gauge) and above, so here is my posting for you.

Please use the direct link to the English program description - I hope that Google Translate works correctly anywhere:
https://www.constructor.valvegear.de/ma ... en#program

Short testimonials are to be found in the sliding text on the main program website.

I offer access to the program for paying users, depending on the gauge of their loco.
I also offer services for those who do not want to work with a program themselves. These are:
- Design of new valve gears
- Optimization of existing or already planned valve gears
- Troubleshooting (also remote!) on existing valve gears

You may contact me via PM or via the email contact data on the main program website. I would be glad to help you getting a prefectly working valve gear!

Best regards
VGC
Online program for valve gear design:

ValveGear Constructor [EN]

With automatic pre-optimization, DXF export, etc.
VGC

Re: ValveGear Constructor - program access or valve gear design service

Post by VGC »

Now I updated the official VGC website with my new "Iterator", a (mathematically) simple micro-solver for 1 or 2 equations with 1 or 2 variables, but very useful for closing the gap between "only new design" and "only remodeling of an existing valve gear".
For broad use, I added some more resulting parameter values to the valve gear diagram which also can be used as target for a preset target value.
This allows to easily modify an automatically pre-optimized valve gear or to efficiently optimize areas of a "reproduced" valve gear.

The program description and manual on the main website have been updated accordingly.

The "last few corrections" took me >25 hours...