RC Controller recommendation wanted

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Bill Shields

Re: RC Controller recommendation wanted

Post by Bill Shields »

Suggest you purchase separate.

If the control unit you purchase has RC built in, then you are most likely going to be tied to a specific make of transmitter.
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

May I rewrite the question and inquire? I don't necessarily want radio control to power my locomotive. I kind of feel like the experience of operating a train requires me to "be in the cab", as with a real locomotive (steam). Anyway - I power my "Diesels" with 24 volt, 400 watt wheel chair motors. I want to get away from wheel chair controllers for a variety of reasons, one being age and technology.
Cut to the chase: Is there a reasonably priced electric controller to wire in between the two batteries and the motors, and what is recommended by you guys in the know?
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
SPSteam2491

Post by SPSteam2491 »

Would recommend starting a new topic to gather conversations. Far easier for future searching.

Include in the new topic what your price range is for a motor controller and the electrical specs for your engine (how many motors, motor power in watts).
Thanks
John LaFavor
Pacific Design Shops
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Thread moved to Riding Scale Railroads.
viewtopic.php?t=112416
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."