LE contact info

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

flavinny

LE contact info

Post by flavinny »

Does anyone know what is happening with LE? Were they affected by the flooding on the west coast? I have been trying to reach them via phone and e-mail no response.
ToddMiller

Re: LE contact info

Post by ToddMiller »

I live near Sequim where they are located. Last year I went by their shop on several different occasions during what they listed as business hours and there was never anyone around. I also left a phone message and never heard back. Not sure what it all means.
Pontiacguy1

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

There have been several posts and inquiries about this over the past couple of years. Most of the time it goes something like this: Does anyone have X casting(s) for a LE Locomotive they would like to sell? Then you get a reply from someone saying 'Call Little Engines and buy one'. Then the original poster will say: Tried to call, left messages, sent e-mails, have done that multiple times over a period of several months and I never get anyone and never heard anything back. Someone will then jump in and say: I called at X time and they answered and took my order, and my parts arrived 2 weeks later.

From what I've seen and heard from others, communication with LE at this time is hit and miss, at best, or either non-existent. It's a shame, too, because the have a lot of really nice stuff. I also tried to contact them 4 or 5 times a couple of years ago, never heard anything, so my personal experience matches what you and others have said.
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

I spoke with Jesse Banning a few weeks ago and ordered brake shoes and received them in a timely fashion. They do take awhile to get back to you. I would send them an email for whatever your needs are. Thats how I started communication with them.
JasonA

Post by JasonA »

I talked to him today. I typically call every day till he answers.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

And I believe Little Engines business IS Jesse Banning, solo.
RussN
MoPac5324

Post by MoPac5324 »

Just like you said Scott! Haha
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Little Engines is not his only business. Just like Railroad Supply. They do their best to support the hobby.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

That explains a lot. At one time I worked a full time job and had a small Harley repair shop on the side for 17 years. It defiantly consumes your time.