Roger Goldmann passed away

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

MightyDi

Roger Goldmann passed away

Post by MightyDi »

Hi everyone,

I see that the word is out on Roger’s passing in November of this year. I’m Roger’s sister.

Roger was a mechanical genius and I know his contributions will be missed by the live steam community.

I hope to keep you posted on what will be happening with Roger’s business as we work through the details. We are just beginning to sort that out.

Ideas are welcome

Diane
mbrusso39

Re: Roger Goldmann passed away

Post by mbrusso39 »

Diane, we are so sad to hear this news. I have fond memories of your brother..at LALS...he mentioned you a few times. Roger was always available to help us with our Challenger projects and spent many-an-hour on the phone with him after moving to Baltimore. BTW: I am the moderator of the Facebook group called "Builders of 1.5" 4-6-6-4 Challengers & 4-8-8-4 Big Boys". I'm sure everyone there would like to hear from you and get updates on the business (many still need parts)...Give me a ping and I'll add you to the group. Thoughts & Prayers - Mike and Mary Beth Russo
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

So sorry for your loss Diane
Rob Gardner

Post by Rob Gardner »

Dianne,

We are all so saddened to hear of your brother's passing. We had heard that he hadn't been well this past year or so. He did indeed create a phenomenal design and casting sets for the UP Challenger and Big Boy as well as his Heavy Pacific and USRA 0-6-0 switcher. I've yet to hear anyone have any criticism of his work or design. He will surely be missed. Praying you and your family find peace and comfort in the wake of his passing. We all hope that his work lives on and a suitable successor can be found to keep the castings and prints available to the hobby.

Rob Gardner
MightyDi

Post by MightyDi »

Thank you, everyone, for your kindness. 💕