This years collection reels

The Photo Album is a place for "Shop Shots" as well as pictures and descriptions of projects that we are working on. Show off your Shops, Machines, and your Projects!

Moderator: Harold_V

RSG

This years collection reels

Post by RSG »

What a pile of work these turned out to be. The shield on the backplate alone has four different finishes on it. Just glad they are finally done. I did some experimenting with my new blast cabinet with the Tacoma upgrade using glass beads and crushed glass. So far I'm very happy with the outcome.

Thanks for looking

RG
Vision is not seeing things as they are, but as they will be.
Harold_V

Re: This years collection reels

Post by Harold_V »

Outstanding, as usual!

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
GlennW

Post by GlennW »

That's for sure!

The rotary table King!
Glenn

Operating machines is perfectly safe......until you forget how dangerous it really is!
RSG

Post by RSG »

Thanks guys! Acknowledgment from people like the two of you is very satisfying. You and the rest of the members have been a big part to my success.

And there's a nice ring to that title Glenn, thanks 8) LOL
pete

Post by pete »

As always extremely well done and beautiful work RSG. You also have a rare eye for proportion and design. I can probably figure out how most of the set ups were done since I already know your not using cnc so there's only so many ways it could be done. But decent tutorials using rotary tables on the forums are in short supply. I'd think a long running thread showing those various & different set ups on the General Discussion forum would be more than appreciated by most here if you'd be willing to do so.
RSG

Post by RSG »

Thanks Pete!

I have no doubt you could figure out the procedures I use for the rotary table knowing your level of inquisitiveness. The fixturing methods might trick a few though, born of need, as is the use of the rotary table. To be honest I didn't think what I was doing was anything worth illustrating or overly complex. Using a rotary table among other things is not something most care about...….until you have the need!
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I can appreciate the machining and the effort and attention to detail that goes into these. The design is outstanding - they are works of art.

I sent a link to my brother in law, who is a huge fly fisherman and he was amazed.

Steve
pete

Post by pete »

Those angle cuts either by tilting the R/T, mill head and/or using form cutters as well as not over cutting beyond your tangent points takes a hell of a lot of set up skill and practice RSG. You might be surprised at just how much interest there would be showing some of your tips and tricks. The set ups and doing highly skilled multi axis manual machining to coordinates like your doing is always more than interesting.
RSG

Post by RSG »

Thanks for the kind words Steve!

And Pete, I guess I never thought about it like that. You are correct though regarding the tilting of the rotary table and use of form tools. Perhaps I'll give it some thought.