Railroad Warehouse 2.8.2 Mikado Logger Build

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

PeterCraymer

Re: Railroad Warehouse 2.8.2 Mikado Logger Build

Post by PeterCraymer »

Maybe it was just the bag that was designed and manufactured in the USA!
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

The supplier's response:
Dear Steve,
I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to address the concerns you raised regarding the origin of the pliers we offer for sale, as well as the bags included in our kits. I want to assure you that your feedback is important to us, and we take it seriously.
Indeed, the pliers we currently sell are not manufactured in the United States, nor are the bags used in our kits. However, I want to emphasize that all the clecos we offer are made and designed in the US. Additionally, the bags are screen printed in the United States. It is worth noting that over 96% of the total cost of the product you received is attributed to components made in the United States.
To address your concerns and align with our commitment to promoting American-made products, we are actively working towards manufacturing the Cleco Pliers in the US as well. We understand the value you place on supporting domestic production, and we share the same sentiment.
If the knowledge of these details would have influenced your decision to purchase our product differently, please let me know. I genuinely appreciate your feedback and would like to express our gratitude by sending you a care package filled with HC Pacific swag. Please understand that this is not a bribe, but rather a sincere gesture to show our dedication to making and selling American-made products.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We value you as a consumer, and your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Best regards,
HC Merchandisers
Did this solve your problem?
YesNo
Rwilliams

Post by Rwilliams »

In regards to locomotives being completed first and then testing with no dedicated tender completed yet, some have resorted to a borrowed tender just to complete testing and have some long anticipated fun with the results of their shop time.

Back in the early 1980 era, I chanced upon Cal Tinkham at GGLS with his V&T#26 model. I could tell from the paint that he had just achieve operational status. Further examination showed the tender, although functional was rather long in the tooth and paint showed much age. Just did not add up and I presented the question of how come the tender and locomotive seemed to be of different levels of age and quality of construction. Answer was he had just completed the locomotive, the tender was still at home in the shop, but a good friend had loaned him a tender until his could be completed.
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

That is a valid option however I have no one to borrow from, nor would I want the responsibility of it. Not to mention matching water connections etc.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Steve:
Thanks for posting your response from HC Pacific, the supplier of your Cleco kit.
It is good to know that information. They responded with care. Class.
RussN
NP317

Post by NP317 »

As for borrowing a tender to test your loco, I suspect you will receive the greatest satisfaction from making your own tender, and using it.
Anyway, your loco is still far from completion from running. So just continuing enjoying the total adventure!
I certainly did.
RussN
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

I am pleased to be building them both as in the end, I know what I have and will be a complete system.
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

I decided to work on the Tender a Little. I am so glad I bought the Cleco's as they make assembly so easy even a Caveman can do it lol.
Attachments
Tender topendopen.jpg
Tender topendopen.jpg (157.3 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
TenderOpentop.jpg
TenderOpentop.jpg (103.68 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
TenderSide.jpg
TenderSide.jpg (123.59 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
TenderTopValves.jpg
TenderTopValves.jpg (118.86 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
TenderWaterFill.jpg
TenderWaterFill.jpg (105.69 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
TenderDrain.jpg
TenderDrain.jpg (92.63 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
djjh87

Post by djjh87 »

Looking good.
No problems just solutions.
NP317

Post by NP317 »

I bet you are also glad you purchased that tender kit!
It is a huge acceleration in your steam locomotive project.
RussN
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

Yes, I am very glad I bought the Tender kit. It is very well built and of heavy gauge steel. It took less than an hour to mock it up to what my pictures show. I could start installing Rivet's right now! However I need to install all the rivets I can in the "J" channel's prior to starting assembly.
After seeing what needs to be done to produce the sheet metal parts of these Tenders, I want nothing to do with building from scratch! I gotta hand it to Jack for building the Tender he is doing out of Brass! Way more skills and patience than I will ever have lol.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

Amen . Been there done that ..glad over :mrgreen:
Too many things going on to bother listing them.