2023 Road trip

In this forum, users are encouraged to share great places to see in their area. Please be sure to list Name of the venue, City & State, Operating hours, a review and a web link if possible. The intent is so that those planning a trip or visiting your area might be interested in visiting! Pictures of the venue are also welcome.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

FLtenwheeler

2023 Road trip

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Hi All

I am looking for places to stop along the route I am taking. Please look at the picture.

Thanks

Tim
Roadtrip 2023.jpg
Roadtrip 2023.jpg (208.31 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Charles T. McCullough

Re: 2023 Road trip

Post by Charles T. McCullough »

Whut's the purpose of the trip?
Just north of Des Moines, Iowa is the Boone and Scenic Valley Railway in Boone, Iowa. (It appears you are crossing Iowa on U.S.20, Boone is on U.S.30. about 30 miles south.) Last I understood they have a steam loco excursion over the Des Moines River Valley. You'll have to research what they are running and when.
Or, if this is some sort of culinary delight trip, take I-380 south to Cedar Rapids, Iowa and go to Donutland. No, NOT an amusement park, but a very small donut shop with the world's best Crème Filled Long Johns! I just suggest this in case you need some research on the subject and I'll use that as an excuse to go get some for myself! :P
Mike Walsh

Re: 2023 Road trip

Post by Mike Walsh »

Charles T. McCullough wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:03 pm Whut's the purpose of the trip?
Just north of Des Moines, Iowa is the Boone and Scenic Valley Railway in Boone, Iowa. (It appears you are crossing Iowa on U.S.20, Boone is on U.S.30. about 30 miles south.) Last I understood they have a steam loco excursion over the Des Moines River Valley. You'll have to research what they are running and when.
Or, if this is some sort of culinary delight trip, take I-380 south to Cedar Rapids, Iowa and go to Donutland. No, NOT an amusement park, but a very small donut shop with the world's best Crème Filled Long Johns! I just suggest this in case you need some research on the subject and I'll use that as an excuse to go get some for myself! :P
The steamer has been down for a good length of time for repairs.