Creating my own motorcycle scratch

This Forum is dedicated to the Hobbyist I.C. (Internal Combustion) Engine Community.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Engineer Frank

Re: Creating my own motorcycle scratch

Post by Engineer Frank »

Absolutely spectacular, you should be proud.
Bill Shields

Post by Bill Shields »

I would be afraid fo dropping and scratching something that is obviously one of a kind ...

You're a better man than I am gunga din...in more ways than one.

Absolutely spectacular πŸ‘
Too many things going on to bother listing them.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

I’d love to see this contraption β€œin the flesh,” if for no other reason than to have a good look at that engine.
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Music isn’t at all difficult.Β  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!Β  :D
Old England

Post by Old England »

Thank you for your very kind comments gents, though I'm sure I'm not Bill :) I'll finish with a close up of the engine as it is now and one of the finished bike now sporting flat handlebars as the Brooklands style ones were incredibly uncomfortable for anything but chin on the tank riding. The trouble with a project like this is it is never finished: I was so disappointed by the poor quality of classic handlebar controls I made my own levers, clamps, throttle and clutch control, all with zero slop. Then I thought maybe an overhead cam conversion would be great.... Fortunately as I don't have space for the bike it's going in our daughters sitting room; the end of my motorcycling career, far more interested in building my 3/4" scale 0-8-0 switcher, and I won't need a van to move it!
Attachments
I designed the logo engraved on the timing cover which is replicated on numerous parts and is the basis of the tank badge, the latter hand painted by our daughter.
I designed the logo engraved on the timing cover which is replicated on numerous parts and is the basis of the tank badge, the latter hand painted by our daughter.
2020.jpg (116.73 KiB) Viewed 4430 times
finished_maybe.jpg
finished_maybe.jpg (131.03 KiB) Viewed 4430 times
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

That is just so Cool, awesome job!