Looking for someone to build a scale water tank

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Trainman4602

Re: Looking for someone to build a scale water tank

Post by Trainman4602 »

WOW Outrageous really. The picture is just for example only no need to go to such details on size and what not Thanks for the post
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
rmac

Post by rmac »

Trainman4602 wrote: The picture is just for example only no need to go to such details on size and what not.
Maybe not, but it was bothering me that the "3 inch scale" and "50 gallon" requirements didn't seem to match up very well. Seems like anybody who is thinking about helping you would want to know roughly how big the model needs to be. As a wise man once said ...
Bill Shields wrote: It is often best to determine parameters of a project up front.
Trainman4602 wrote: Thanks for the post.
You're welcome!
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Look I just put up any picture of a water tank for EXAMPLE ONLY got it!
Charles T. McCullough

Post by Charles T. McCullough »

What size fitting do you want for the water intake (from your municipal water utility or well)? What size fitting do you want for connection to your standpipe?
Charles T. McCullough

Oh, and how tall are the standpipes (the bottom of the water tank must be at least that high)?
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

Gees Trainman, what is your problem as people are trying to help you and all you do is slam them for it!
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

I have no problem It seems that people do not read my post correctly I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BUILD A TANK FOR ME GOT IT This is typical of this forum people read it the way they want to. Harold close this post please one person answered me correctly and I will be working with him to get what I want.
Charles T. McCullough

I'll just keep my two blue barrels and the toilet tank fill valves. I didn't have anything ready to build a stand to put them on, anyway, I don't know how much plaster lath is these days, so I can't quote anything. Lock away Harold.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Charles T. McCullough wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:53 pm I'll just keep my two blue barrels and the toilet tank fill valves. I didn't have anything ready to build a stand to put them on, anyway, I don't know how much plaster lath is these days, so I can't quote anything. Lock away Harold.
No one should jump to conclusions in regards to the needs and wants of others, and this is a classic example of why. Dave is attempting to create some semblance of reality in the models he hopes to have built. That pretty much excludes some methods that are perfectly functional, but not in keeping with the prototypes. If you've seen the beautiful engine he built several years ago, you'd probably understand his needs and wants.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, just as there's nothing wrong with your choice of using blue barrels (I have several of them myself).

In keeping with Dave's request, this thread is now locked.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.