Show us your milling machine!

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Mwhite49

Re: Show us your milling machine!

Post by Mwhite49 »

Clausing 8530 undergoing a complete restoration. New motor is a used Baldor 1 hp dc. Controled by a Baldor BC 345 controller. All bearings had to be replaced. I'll figure out how to post pictures.
Mike
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I'd enjoy seeing some images of the scraping process, assuming you have them.
Welcome to the board.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
markwesti

Post by markwesti »

I bought this Benchmaster M-V1 as a rusted pile of parts , it took me about 5 months to get it finished . Some of the stuff I did , new Timkens in the head stock , a new "Z" nut , new right angle gears in the knee , and a new motor from Grizly . Of course new paint . Rust-Oleum , that stuff goes on nice and holds up well to oil . I got the little 3" vise from the bay , I say good for 60 bucks . It takes #2 morse collets . These Benchmasters are nice little machines but they have their limitations , for milling they are light duty . I haven't tried to drill with it yet , but I think it should do that pretty well , except they don't have a quill like a drill press .
ImageIMG_1163 by mark westi, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1137 by mark westi, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1133 by mark westi, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1138 by mark westi, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1164 by mark westi, on Flickr
Last edited by markwesti on Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

Note that you can attach pictures directly to your posts. Some of these off-site picture services, e.g., Flickr, don't always play nice with older browsers.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D