Fitchburg Chloe: The Best of Both Worlds

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

ccvstmr

Re: Fitchburg Chloe: The Best of Both Worlds

Post by ccvstmr »

Mike Walsh wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:35 pm [This nozzle was used to lift a scale model of Marvin the Martian's rocket weighing 500 lbs to 500 feet. Good stuff!
So, whatever happened to the Earth shattering KaBoom? After all, the Earth was blocking Marvin's view of the moon! :lol: Good stuff. Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Mike Walsh wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:35 pm
Benjamin Maggi wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:34 pm But building engines isn't rocket science...
Being in Utah, I assume he's working for Thiokol... Which would be Solid Rocket Boosters... And those are rocket motors, not rocket engines ;)

Meanwhile here's a little rocket motor eye candy... A nozzle for a 6" diameter rocket motor machined by yours truly. Phenolic carrier with a graphite insert. Throat is 2" diameter. This nozzle was used to lift a scale model of Marvin the Martian's rocket weighing 500 lbs to 500 feet. Good stuff!

Marvin Nozzle Entry Side 2.jpg
Marvin Nozzle Entry Side.jpg
Marvin Nozzle Exit Side.jpg
He’s in California.

I built a liquid fueled engine for some Midshipmen a number of years ago. The injector wasn’t right as I recall. The oxygen and fuel mix wasn’t right. Didn’t generate enough thrust. Very cool project though. I’ll find a photo.
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.
Andypullen

Post by Andypullen »

Here it is.
FB6CC8A8-6638-4E22-9387-103C77BFD943.png
Clausing 10x24, Sheldon 12" shaper, ProtoTrak AGE-2 control cnc on a BP clone, Reed Prentice 14" x 30", Sanford MG 610 surface grinder, Kalamazoo 610 bandsaw, Hardinge HSL speed lathe, Hardinge HC chucker, Kearney and Trecker #2K plain horizontal mill, Haas TL-1 lathe.