Shoptask belt sizes.

This forum is dedicated to those hobbyists with the 3-in-1 metalworking machines. Mill-Drill-Lathes. Tips, techniques, modification and use of these machines is topical.

Moderator: Harold_V

toddalin

Re: Shoptask belt sizes.

Post by toddalin »

pete wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:14 pm Ok, again that wasn't stated earlier. All of that is relevant information. There's a dro showing and no cnc control, yes there's what appears to be a stepper drive on the front lower right hand side of the lathe bed. Without knowing it's also cnc one could assume that was some type of separate add on power feed. As I said "what's been done and what the exact problem is that your having". You started out saying that the lathe motor belts are giving you trouble. Since you posted pictures of what appears to be just the mill drive system, that lead me to think that ok maybe that first post had a typo in it. If all that is working fine then my whole last post was irrelevant. Read what you've posted from someone's perspective who's never seen your machine face to face and the only information so far is a problem with the motor belts but no details about what that problem actually is other than you bought all new belts. With what looks to be two separate fwd, off, and reverse switches on the left hand face of the lathe I again have to assume there's also a completely separate motor and belt drive to the lathe spindle since it does look like the top of one just showing behind the lathe bed. Does the lathe head stock have an access door that opens on the left hand side like the majority of other lathe only machines have? If so take pictures inside of that since inside ot that would be what's driving the lathe spindle. Then in DETAIL list what exact problem your having.
I think you are addressing the wrong person. I'm not having any problems. The OP wanted to know the belt arrangement and I asked if a pic of my machine would be helpful.