$1.99 Arc and Circle Cutter

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

Russ Hanscom

$1.99 Arc and Circle Cutter

Post by Russ Hanscom »

The RR needs to put a 1 1/2" radius end on a bunch of 1 1/4" thick suspension links and some brake levers then there are some circles to be cut out of 1" plate - all of which are beyond the capability of a hand held circle cutter - or at least beyond my ability to move it that slowly and steadily, so, off to the scrap box once again. Rube Goldberg would be pleased.

Assorted bearings, mostly used but good for this service, a gear box from my grandfather's stash, a stripped gear shift knob for the crank, the camshaft drive gear from an aircraft engine, and other bits of dubious ancestry. It works rather well, just needs a bit of paint someday.

I do not have a machine torch so a regular handheld one is used. The cutting gas is controlled by the push-pull cable.
Attachments
DSC02926.JPG
DSC02927.JPG
DSC02928.JPG
spro

Re: $1.99 Arc and Circle Cutter

Post by spro »

That is so cool in a Hot way. Radial and have up/down travel. So neat for a messy job. Thanks for sharing how it was done with those cables too. Neat.
wsippola

Re: $1.99 Arc and Circle Cutter

Post by wsippola »

I like it! Always great to make stuff using the scrap pile, particularly when it does such a nice job.