Tig foot control; Miller or USAWELD

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

Wanna-Be

Tig foot control; Miller or USAWELD

Post by Wanna-Be »

I purchased a Miller Sycrowave 250 at auction from a trade school. Very good condition and appears lightly used. However, it didn't come with a tig torch or foot control. I see plenty of touches on ebay but the Miller Rfsc-14HD is pretty pricey. I did finally find another from USAWELD for about $100 less that they claim works with this machine and my Miller EconoTig. It does have the 14 pin connector.

It also had a much lower profile which I like. I find it kind of awkward to use the taller Miller while standing. Like to keep my heal on the floor at least.

Any opinions on using any of these third party foot controls??

Steve
Jet vert Mill, Champion 12X30 lathe, Amer. Mach. Tool radial drill, 24X60 LeBlond lathe, Scharmann 3" Hrz Brg Mill, Steptoe 18" Shaper, S/B Shaper,B&S (No.4 36") Gear Cutting Mach., Verson 22.5T Press Brake, Enco 12" hrz. saw, McEnglevan foundry furnace, Rockwell 14X42 lathe, K&T 2H univ horz. mill,DoAll 16-2 Vrt. bandsaw,Canedy-Otto drill press,Buffalo Iron Worker
BadDog

Re: Tig foot control; Miller or USAWELD

Post by BadDog »

I don't have any experience with the options, but I heartily agree with you on the clumsy size of the Miller pedal. I would need a boot like Ace used to wear on my left foot to position my right foot properly on the control while standing.
Russ
Master Floor Sweeper
Scott

Post by Scott »

http://www.ssccontrols.com/

They are excellent.. Same one from HTP..
hammermill

Post by hammermill »

a quick check of sewing machine pedals and a ohm meter may turn up a usable suspect at a thrift store. what I used for my miller tig