ac arc problem

Welding Techniques, Theory, Machines and Questions.

Moderator: Harold_V

golfpin

Re: ac arc problem

Post by golfpin »

Carm, thank you for prompt reposte, I think you are far too modest, your structure and contents of your sentence tells me more, perhaps you have a facility for languages.
Thought I would get back on the welding issue after the hiccups the last time round I now find I have a lot more arc work to do and the culprit appears to be my Buzz Box. Have priced 140 amp chiwanese invertor type shoulder size that also has a Tig facility but this throws a huge $ spanner into the works. I think I mentioned that I have built a sports racing car that I sold incomplete, the owner has now contracted me to finish it......now the conundrum, the space frame chassis was gas welded [nickel bronze for us technophiles] but the Tig would be great to have but that spectre of Afrox appears, the rental for the argon etc is killing. As it was once said by a great sage, "it's not the work it is the decisions".

Golfpin
2.29 pm 30 degrees, the sun and beach and fish beckon, but the work demands!!!!

PS anybody had any experience with the Chinese type invertors good bad indifferent comments would be appreciated forget about Lincoln Hobart or Miller with SA Rand at an all time low to the US $ can,t even think that route.

Via Con Dios
Russ Hanscom

Post by Russ Hanscom »

That would be 30 C? Go fishing!

Tell your client the price of gas - if he balks, tell him to get another person to finish the job.
golfpin

Post by golfpin »

Yeah Russ 30 C and the fish were jumping didn,t take my stick down but revelled in the late summer sun, light until 7.30 good for the soul and makes one realise how lucky one can be and thks for the tip will get back to the owner and see if can do a deal.
Golfpin
golfpin

Post by golfpin »

Morning all,
Thought must give credit where credit is due, have just received 2 new arc helmets yes flip up.s but with cheater lens .....most impressed will go along way in helping the upliftment project and BTW they came for free!! a big thank you to a person in one of the conglomerates, you might remember me berating them about cheater lens,s and they, the lens,s are still not "available" .

Cheers Golfpin
redneckalbertan

Post by redneckalbertan »

I will caution you with this, when I first started using a cheater lens I felt a little motion sick. When you move a little bit it looks like you move a lot! I also don't wear glasses except for reading. I found trying to be as still as possible and if you had to move to do so slowly, but more importantly smoothly helped reduce the feeling of motion sickness. After a while, a week or so for me, I became accustomed to the way it looked and the feeling of motion sickness went away.
golfpin

Post by golfpin »

Thanks for that one Red I unfortunately am very prone to motion sickness foretold is forewarned!!!
Cheers golfpin