Props to ENCO for customer service ++++

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

John Evans

Props to ENCO for customer service ++++

Post by John Evans »

Ordered a few small items the other day on one of ENCO's free ship-discount deals. I've been wanting another swing arm work light so I don't have to move one to the other mill. Bought several last summer and now of course those are NLA ! Looked through the online catalog and found one the would work for me at a reasonable price. Now note I said "swing arm" what I received was a flexable arm goose neck style ,not even close !! Being I need it to be horizontal that flex just droops ! :evil:

Called customer service yesterday and got "that is the replacement for that part # ,we'll take it back but YOU pay shipping" Nope don't think so! Cleaned the grease off my squeeky wheel and tried again today. Asked for a supervisor but Brittany said let me see if I can help you. So one more time I told my story which point was item recieved was not even close to the generic photo ,but a entirely different critter. Told her I wished to return for credit but was not paying shipping. "Can you please hold" OK after a bit ,where I sure she talked to a supervisor, she was back and said we will issue you a credit and just keep the item.

Took a bit of talking but in the end ENCO went above what was wanted/needed and made for a happy ! :D camper/customer. obviously who ever OKed that item to replace the orignal wouldn't know the difference between a A bomb and a hand grenade !
www.chaski.com