Back to work on the 3/4" Docksider

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

JBodenmann

Re: Back to work on the 3/4" Docksider

Post by JBodenmann »

Hello My Friends
John, your work is always inspirational, and a pleasure to see. I wish I lived closer to you as I would like to spend some time in your shop "pointing and talking", one of the most enjoyable aspects of our hobby :D . Three quarter inch scale is my favorite, although I like them all. My 3/4" scale locomotive projects have been gathering dust as the main push here has been the Alcalde & Coalfield Railway. So it's always good to see what you have been up to.
See you in the funny pages..
Jack
Trainman4602

Post by Trainman4602 »

Hi John

The engine is looking great. I like the idea that the tank is made from thick brass. It will give some weight to the locomotive. Consider putting some chunks of brass at the bottom of the tank for additional weight. They just need to lay there. I did this under the CNJ camelbacks jacket. I added an additional 100lbs out of sight. Guys would wonder why that locomotive could pull 50 cars and 26 adults. A big haul for a 10 wheeler.
ALLWAYS OPERATING MY TRAIN IN A SAFE MANNER USING AUTOMATIC AIR BRAKES
JohnHudak

Post by JohnHudak »

Thanks everyone for the kind words... I've been looking at this loco sitting on the shelf for a while, and it's been a lot of fun working on it again...
Dave, that's not a bad idea about adding more weight, I'll have to look into that..
Jack, as long as you're working on the A&C, that counts as working on 3/4" scale.. I hope the both of us get to run this Docksider on your highline someday...
John
Andy R

Water Filler for the 3/4" Docksider

Post by Andy R »

The Docksiders have a unique water filler ahead of the smokestack.
John drew it in 3D and shared the file with me so that my C16 can be as beautiful as his.
I paid for a bronze copy form Shapeways, and it arrived today.
IMG_4167.JPG
It is amazing what can be done today.