Bucyrus-Erie Rail Craine

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Mike

Bucyrus-Erie Rail Craine

Post by Mike »

I am looking for a set of blueprints to build a livesteam model of a 150 ton rail craine. We have a high school shop class that is looking for a project that involves welding, sheetmetal work, machine work, and modeling. Our idea is to have students make and contribute parts to the ongoing project.
My students have already helped build some parts for one of our local livesteamers and are very excited about the prospect of contributing to a long term project that they can call thier own. The above livesteamer will provide us with tech support and help as needed (this wil be a first for me as well).
Any help with plans or ideas will be excepted with great appreciation!

Thank you,
mike

P.S. WHO SAYS THEY DON'T TEACH ANYTHING FUN IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!
apm

sounds like fun

Post by apm »

Can't help you on where to get the plans, but as a highschool student who is building the Clishay it sounds like a lot of fun to me. Are you a voctec school, cause my school junked the metal shop a year before I could take it. I guess the only consolation was we got a brandnew woodshop.

Apm
Mikado14

Re: Bucyrus-Erie Rail Craine-try...

Post by Mikado14 »

Mike,

Something in the back of this old feeble mind tells me that Baldwin bought out Bucyrus-Erie. Perhaps if you do a Google on Baldwin, you might find something.

Good Luck

Ron
Mikado14

Re: Bucyrus-Erie Rail Craine-oops, found it...

Post by Mikado14 »

Mike,

Go to www.bucyrus.com

You can contact them there and they even have a CD available with old pictures and whatnot.

Good Luck!

Ron