Who’s on line

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Jim_Nolan

Who’s on line

Post by Jim_Nolan »

Is it just me or is viewing the above a bit freaky or what? It makes me a bit uncomfortable, seems a bit like invading peoples privacy. I know we have agreed to it in the set up but it’s a bit different when you do it.

BTW the change between screens is as slow as treacle is it my connection or teething troubles?
www.northernsteam.com
Rich_Carlstedt

Re: Who’s on line

Post by Rich_Carlstedt »

Jim
I think it's to allow you to send a email for a quick answer if they are on line at the site.
I don't think the software rings a bell on the receivers end however, so it sort of means that you should check out "Home' before you leave the BB to see if any messages are there......I believe ..
themnax
Location: a small green planet in a distant galaxy (actualy roseville california)

Post by themnax »

gadz that is a bit freakie. reminds me of when our telephone was on what they used to call a party line. back in the 50s when my dad was working the extra board and we lived in little railroad towns all up and down the sacramento devision ... ~;)
stay well and keep doing the wonderful things that you do ... ~;)
mikell

Post by mikell »

You can gointo "MY HOME" if your logged in and make it so people can't tell if your there. I think anyway.
themnax
Location: a small green planet in a distant galaxy (actualy roseville california)

Post by themnax »

oh that's ok b'me - i don't mind a bit ppl knowin i'm there - just feels a little embarassin seen what everbody else is actualy doin. well it's not like stumblin on the swimmin hole where everbody's skinney dippin or anything ... only just a little ... ~;)
stay well and keep doing the wonderful things that you do ... ~;)