Pandemic Progress?

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Steamer Al

Re: Pandemic Progress?

Post by Steamer Al »

Looks great Dave! Keep us posted on the progress, Ive always liked Kozo's designs.
Andy R

some Pandemic Progress?

Post by Andy R »

427 red - very nice boiler work.

And I like the steam boats - some day I too will build one.

My projects have been posted here - completing a 4-4-0 and a 2-6-0, both long-term projects.
Plus keeping my wife happy … texturing the living room ceiling, painting, installing new fixtures, etc. Plus fixing lots of appliances. It seems like every appliance in the house decided to try and be replaced this past year. UPS, USPS and Fedex delivered a lot of parts.

But I have had both shots and hope for live steam meets soon!
BClemens

Post by BClemens »

Marty_Knox wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:18 pm
pat1027 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:18 am
Marty_Knox wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:54 pmLast May we finished rebuilding a Winton Mogul,
I'm fond of the Winton moguls but the Green Goddess really looked sharp.
Thank you, Pat! I plan on painting my 2.5" scale Mogul a lot likt the Goddess.
Great going Marty! You're a busy guy with grand-kids and all, along with your 'business hobbies'! Green Goddess - she's a beauty indeed - I know! Glad you're still 'industrious' during this china virus pandemic. We are making accomplishments (after setting up a new shop..) toward another locomotive project. It's a reward to come to this site and feel and see the accomplishments being made with grand projects by others.
BC
NP317

Post by NP317 »

My progress today was to get my 2nd vax shot.
Good progress.
RussN
Bill C

Post by Bill C »

Great idea for a discussion thread, I would love to see what everyone has been working on. Like many of you, I decided to make the most of the reduced time out and focus on workshop projects. Got a good bit done, most significantly finished my Allen Mogul and did its first track test in November of 2020. Here’s a link to a short video summary:
https://youtu.be/QpRb_yRNnNk

Also finished my little Gingery Shaper project. Did a build series on YouTube, here’s a link to one of the videos where it is running:

https://youtu.be/wwJHlK1fA_k

Also built a George H. Thomas design Universal Pillar Tool project, using the Martin Model and Pattern 6” arms. Just added a proper drive belt and heat treated the rotating stake plate yesterday. Also did a build series on YouTube. Here’s a link:

https://youtu.be/SauKgKQqZ3o

Please check out my channel and consider subscribing.

Many thanks to my local friends Fred, Pete, Chuck, Russ and Paul for help and encouragement with these projects.

Bill.
FKreider

Post by FKreider »

Hi Bill - I've been following along with your YouTube video's and Instagram for a while now - excellent work!
-Frank K.
Bill C

Post by Bill C »

FKreider wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:51 pm Hi Bill - I've been following along with your YouTube video's and Instagram for a while now - excellent work!

Thanks so much, Frank!

Much appreciated,

Bill