EE Update & Future Product List

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

EE Update & Future Product List

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Hi Everyone,

Let's get right to it!

Nathan 1918A Injectors
Everything is 100% complete and ready for assembly except for the cast bodies, which will be machined after Thanksgiving weekend. Expect to have everything assembled and ready to ship 2nd week of December.

Monitor No. 9 Injectors
All orders up to November have been shipped out, but at the moment I don't have extra due to porosity issues. I have a few potential solutions to fix the bodies where porosity is minimal, so I expect to have extra Monitors "on the shelf" before the end of the year.

Nathan 4000C Injectors
Production on these will start as soon as the 1918A's are done. Expect to have them done in February.

Westinghouse Cross Compound Kits
These will be outrageously expensive to cast, so at this point its just a matter of saving my pennies for the foundry order.

Looking to 2021/2022
Here's the list of future products in order of priority:
  • "Consolidated" Safety Valves (1.6" and 2.5" scale)
  • "Coale" Safety Valves (1.6" scale)
  • Nathan Top Feed Checks (1.6" scale - 2 styles)
  • Nathan "R" Simplex Lifting Injector (1" and 1.6" scale)
  • Nathan Reversible Check Valves (1" scale)
  • Bull's Eye 3-feed Working Hydrostatic Lubricator (2.5")
  • Hancock Vertical Check Valve (1.6")
  • Nathan Reversible Check Valve (1.6")
  • Westinghouse Cross Compound Castings (3/4" and 1" scale)
I've given a great deal of thought to some of these items, since some have been produced before. But the demand is unbelievably high for check valves and safety valves, so I feel strongly that there is plenty of room on the market. Additionally, I have a design for the check valves that I don't believe has been tried before, and it ought be very robust and very easy to maintain. I've also rebuilt enough safety valves to know where the weak points are, so I plan to make the valve bases from 955 hardened bronze, and the valves out of 17-4PH stainless steel. Stems and spring retainers from stainless as well.

Regarding the Top Feed Checks and Bull's Eye Hydrostatic Lubricators: normally I try to make 2-3x more product than I need based on how many people have shown interest, but that will not be economical for these two items, so they will be strictly pre-order only.

Since it came up in the "future considerations" thread, here are the two top feed checks I plan to make. On the prototype, one is designed for two injectors, and the other (with the one larger valve) is for an injector and a feedwater pump. Since they will be made to order, I've calculated some pricing estimates. The 2-injector version will be $475, and the FWH/Injector version will be $515.

Nathan Top Feed Check, 2 Injectors
Nathan Top Feed Check, 2 Injectors
Nathan Top Feed Check, FWH and Injector
Nathan Top Feed Check, FWH and Injector
Chris Hollands

Re: EE Update & Future Product List

Post by Chris Hollands »

Anthony - I will buy one of the Nathan top feed check to suit 2 injectors when there ready .
Thanks
Dick_Morris

Post by Dick_Morris »

Coale 3" safety valve, circa 1940? Muffler available? If so, I'm interested in a couple, one with a muffler.

I'd like to have a couple of Nathan 1918 injectors, but already have a couple of Superscale Chicago injectors that I can use for my project. Oh well, only the purist will know they aren't what was on the prototype.
hoppercar

Post by hoppercar »

Some cylinder drain cocks with a 3 way valve to.operate them would be a welcome addition.....im not sure thats being currently offered anywhere ?
robertdean

Post by robertdean »

Bob Dean wants Top feed checks, one of each style. 239-229-6564
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

Dick,
I'll be making the same style that's on the Alaska RR 557, but they will be proportioned after the 3.5" size (as will the 1.6" scale consolidated). Will make muffled and unmuffled. Hoping I can also make 2 styles of muffler for it, one to make it represent an earlier style safety.

The 2.5" scale safeties will be modeled after a 2.5" valve.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Anthony
Coale-safety-valves.jpg
jcbrock

Post by jcbrock »

Happy to see the 1" scale check valves and Westinghouse cross-compound. I'm hoping for a dummy Worthington BL-2 or BL-3 feedwater heater sometime in the future. Anthony, assuming you still have your 1" SP Pacific, you could use one too!
John Brock