Help identifying photos

This forum is dedicated to the Live Steam Hobbyist Community.

Moderators: cbrew, Harold_V

Mike Walsh

Re: Help identifying photos

Post by Mike Walsh »

Glenn Brooks wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:07 pm Daris,

ID 008 appears to be a 12” ga Ottaway loco and 3 car train set. Don’t recognize the location.

Glenn
I'm inclined to think 15". The tender looks too wide for 12".
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

To bad the original isn’t more clear. Be nice to be able to read the RR name on the tender. We might be looking st some foreshortening, due to the angle of the photo. My tender is the same width as the passenger car, and has 4 or 5 of inches of clearance on the sides of the seat cushion, once the engineer sits down. Seems to be similar to this one... although in fairness, most of the early Ottaway’s had an abundance of chrome parts and lagging, which this one doesn’t seem to display.

Anyway, Internet archeology is always fun!

Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
mbassini

Post by mbassini »

Thanks Daris, that’s actually my father & I in the background of the 1965 photo.👍
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

Photo ID’s
17 George Hoopes, PA
6 Stanley Robinson, NJ
8 Ottaway
9. Norman Steele, NY, NH & H RR engineer
14 Bill Treadway, Bristol, CT
15 Jay Duke, Montlclair, NJ (I owned this locomotive for a while back on the 70’s)
16 Bill Morewood’s PRR 4-4-0 his first locomotive long before the Raritan
P.S. When I go to the page I don’t see the photos of Sam Bassini’s née Al Milburn’s 870?
Keith Taylor
steamingdon

Post by steamingdon »

711 Atlantic, 7 1/4" Norm Steele now owned and restored by Joe cardelle. 3 Photos. Notice the duel gauge track @ that time on the ground. PVLS
steamer
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

The majority of the PVLS pictures are from before the Danvers shed was installed. In one picture, the signal bridge hasn't been built over the high line yet but in the picture of Moorwood's engine, the bridge is there. Also Norm Steele's picture show the stone pedestrian bridge which may date this picture depending on if it was built before or after the shed was installed.
With all the cameras seen in the pictures, there are a lot more photos around that may never see the light of day.
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

Photo 12 is NOT a 3/4” scale RDG center cab. It is one of the four built by Bud Kremers, Elmer Nuskey, Gil Rittenburg and Ben Nixon.
It is on the elevated UNLOADING tracks that lead to the steaming bays. It is 7 - 1/4” gauge.

Keith
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

I don't know Keith. That looks like the elevated track with the cement posts that were in some of the views. This track led from the table up to the transfer table. It looks like the wood stringer from the highline behind it. The steaming bays for the big guys were of heavier construction. I was sure that this was a 3/4" from the PLS club but then again, I have trouble at work switching more than one car at a time! Could that be George Murray's 999 behind it?
mbassini

Post by mbassini »

Keith, I think those photos were moved to the Al Milburn page.

http://ibls.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Al_Milburn

Hope you & Ginny are well.
All the best Mark
LVRR2095

Post by LVRR2095 »

First off, thanks Mark, I found them now.
And Steve....that is Fred Bohn’s 999 behind the switcher.
Steve Bratina

Post by Steve Bratina »

I will leave it at this. I took some pictures off the TV from a DVD given to me by a chum. He took these films at the PLS around the mid to late 60's. This is the engine I am thinking of. It looks like that engine. Can anyone identify the guy?
Attachments
IMG_4275.JPG
IMG_4276.JPG
IMG_4277.JPG
dnevil

Post by dnevil »

mbassini wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:25 pm Thanks Daris, that’s actually my father & I in the background of the 1965 photo.👍
Mark,

Isn't that amazing, to find a random photo on eBay with you in it!! Do you remember where and when this was taken?

Daris
Daris Nevil
IBLS Secretary
North American Region
http://www.ibls.org