Help with Odd CAD/CAM files

Related to all sorts of CAD and CAM tools. Users should post questions, comments, and recommendations with respect to their favorite CAD and CAM tools.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

utahwestie

Help with Odd CAD/CAM files

Post by utahwestie »

Hello all,

Has anyone used a CAD/CAM system that uses the file format 'ncCAD 4.33 PPC Document'

I have a huge amount of files, including designed parts and cnc programs that i'd like to open and look at/use.

The original computer (mac) that these were on is now gone the way of the dodo bird and i'd like to find a program that will open them/ allow me to view/ and maybe edit the nc files to be able to machine with the existing programs.

Ultimately, i'd like the ability to open, and convert them to a file format that I can use. I've tried, Mastercam and Solidworks, the two I have here. I've not tried an old version of Autodesk Inventor.

Any help/advice or general pointing in the right direction is/will be appreciated immensely.

Thanks in advance.
Anthony.
~Anthony~
~Ex Pat Kiwi now living in Salt Lake City, Utah
earlgo

Re: Help with Odd CAD/CAM files

Post by earlgo »

I missed this when you wrote the OP. If you can remember who marketed the ncCAD system then I'd start by calling them. Failing that, I'd check with the MAC user's group. (Surely there is one.)
I'm sure that you have googled, binged, dogpiled and searched this to frustration.
Wish I could help.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
middle.road

Re: Help with Odd CAD/CAM files

Post by middle.road »

Can you post a couple of them in order to look them over, or actually into them?
What time frame were they from?
Looking at the German website - it might be proprietary and specialized.
http://www.max-computer.de/x5e/nccad9-1.html