Free and easy to learn 3D CAD

Related to all sorts of CAD and CAM tools. Users should post questions, comments, and recommendations with respect to their favorite CAD and CAM tools.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

earlgo

Re: Free and easy to learn 3D CAD

Post by earlgo »

Ok, thanks for the guess. There was never this kind of lag with a local SolidWorks installation, but OnShape is a more powerful program. You may have the right of it.
This pc has a 3GHz processor, 8Gbytes of RAM and 750Gbytes of storage space on a Windows 10 64bit OS. It only has an Intel HD graphics card and that may be the issue.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
Patio

Post by Patio »

you can go to either companies website and they will tell you the specs required for their software. I think they like 16 gigs of RAM also.
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

Patio: I upgraded my video card to one with 2G memory and it helps considerably. Memory upgrade may be next if this is still too slow, but it seems to be acceptable.
Thanks for the tip.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
morsetaper2

Post by morsetaper2 »

Old thread here. Any feedback or comments regarding the "Free" version of Solid Edge"?

https://resources.sw.siemens.com/en-US/ ... ty-edition