No posts here?

This forum is intended for users to share places/vendors/surplus centers etc., to visit of machining/metalworking interest. Please be sure to list Name of the venue, City & State, Operating hours, a review and a web link if possible. The intent is so that those planning a trip or visiting your area might be interested in visiting!

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Fender

No posts here?

Post by Fender »

Maybe people want to keep their shopping locations secret, just like their favorite fishing spots? :mrgreen:
I just moved to TN, so don't have any favorite places yet.
Dan Watson
Chattanooga, TN
warmstrong1955

Re: No posts here?

Post by warmstrong1955 »

A lot of live in places where there are no local places for machinery, tooling, or raw materials.
Everything I get is 'imported'.

Should note, that Enco & MSC are only 125 miles away....but it's a warehouse....no browsing....

:)
Bill
Today's solutions are tomorrow's problems.
SteveHGraham

Post by SteveHGraham »

Down here we have a couple of Cuban guys who tried to sell me a demolished Bridgeport for almost five grand.
Every hard-fried egg began life sunny-side up.
Jawn

Post by Jawn »

Not in my area, but I like Harry Epstein's.

http://store.harryepstein.com/

More general purpose tools than machinist stuff, but good stuff mostly.
Rick

Post by Rick »

The guys in our club (North Georgia Live Steamers ) seem to like to shop at the scrap bins at my business. Price is right, free, and I get to talk trains while at work. Everyone wins :)
Rick

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Unknown
Murphy's Law: " If it can go wrong it will"
O-Tool's Corollary: "Murphy was entirely too optimistic"
Jawn

Post by Jawn »

Rick wrote:The guys in our club (North Georgia Live Steamers ) seem to like to shop at the scrap bins at my business. Price is right, free, and I get to talk trains while at work. Everyone wins :)
Hey, can I shop in those scrap bins sometime? :lol:

Half kidding, I don't get to Stone Mountain often.
Bill C

Post by Bill C »

Several good hardware stores in Pensacola, Florida. Downtown is home to the hundred-year old Pensacola Hardware, who carries everything from small taps to stainless steel rod to cutting oil to high end kitchen supplies that make great gifts to big green eggs.

The north side of town has a great locally-owned Ensley Ace Hardware on Old Palafox plus Reynolds' True Value at 9 Mile Road and Highway 29. If you need small fasteners, try Bobes (pronounced beau-bees) Hobby House on 9 Mile Road near Harbor Freight. Tractor Supply is across the street near Reynolds...

What a great town...

Bill C.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hey Jawn
Come on down, shop is actually in Conyers right near the NGLS track.
Rick

“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Unknown
thegallery

Post by thegallery »

I am in Decatur GA and have not found a good junk, used, recycled shop in 15 years. There used to be a Job shop over on Moreland Ave. in Little Five Points but they went out of business years ago. I am open to any ideas. Rick, where are you in Stone Mountain? What do you have? You can see the kind for stuff I do at: www.thekilmerplace.com
Rick

Post by Rick »

Hey thegallery. The shop is in Conyers, I live in Stone Mountain near the old Stone Mountain airport and thats where we started the business hench the name of the company Stone Mountain Tool. We have alum and steel drops... bar, structural etc what are you looking for ?
Rick

thegallery

Post by thegallery »

I am always looking for small drop short pieces of cold rolled rounds and flats. I will try to stop out someday and see what you have. Since I am retired I have lots of time. Thanks for the reply. Arlo
revrnd

Post by revrnd »

Since Wholesale Tool closed their location in Indy, is there any similar retail stores in the area?

The reason I ask is I'm in the area each Labour Day weekend for the US Nationals (drag racing). If I can do some shopping while I'm in the area it would be great. I know of some shops in the Detroit area when we pass thru on our way, but dragging a travel trailer around isn't conducive to shopping.