A Couple More

Where users can chronicle their builds. Start one thread and continue to add on to it.

Moderator: Harold_V

Glenn Brooks

Re: A Couple More

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Carl,

Very nice work. I really enjoy seeing authentic cars from this era. Nicely done. Dave’s brightly painted Disney really show cases the color scheme of the two cars.

Any chance you could post a pic or two of the window patterns? Iam very interested in how your frames fit into the window openings, and how you affixed them to the car sides, with glass or acrylic panes.

Thanks
Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

JBodenmann wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:25 am Great thread, and beautiful models Carl. I am partial to wooden rolling stock and you have captured the character and charm of these cars wonderfully. I can appreciate the time and effort needed to create a thread as you have here and look forward to more from you. Jack
Jack, THANK YOU for your kind words! It is greatly appreciated. Still, I'm flattered that someone with your modeling expertise would compliment some of the work I've done. Seeing the level of workmanship you bring to the hobby (and freely share here in Chaski-land) only sets the bar higher for myself and others to attain. What goes around...comes around. Thanks for sharing your high end modeling techniques and results of your efforts. Keep on model-making! Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
ccvstmr

Post by ccvstmr »

Glenn Brooks wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:54 pm Very nice work. I really enjoy seeing authentic cars from this era. Nicely done. Dave’s brightly painted Disney really show cases the color scheme of the two cars.

Any chance you could post a pic or two of the window patterns? I am very interested in how your frames fit into the window openings, and how you affixed them to the car sides, with glass or acrylic panes. Thanks. Glenn
Thank you Glenn. No doubt, Dave's Disney train is "a looker". I know the effort that was put into the loco restoration and improvements (which continues to go on and and on and...). Was happy to provide some rolling livery to compliment the loco. This kind of wood work was something foreign to Dave. Was hoping to include him in the construction...but then COVID hit. So, pushed ahead on my own and kept him in the loop with emails and regular photo progress reports. BUT, cut off the flow of pix towards the end...looking for that WOW reveal moment! I got it.

Windows...a pic or two? No a chance! Instead, I'll get a series of pix together that show case the entire process from design, to pattern making and installation. Give me a day or two to select photos and get a story to go with visuals and I'll put something together to post here. Stay by. Carl B.
Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!
I don't walk on water...I just learned where some of the stepping stones are!
I love mankind...it's some of the people I can't stand!
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Carl, thanks much, a full write up would be wonderful. Iam thinking about casting up a bunch of window moldings this winter, when I can’t work on the shop. A write up, as you describe would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Glen
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....