RE: JET JVM-626

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

Harold_V

Re: RE: JET JVM-626

Post by Harold_V »

Turbo2Pete wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:57 pm - FWIW, when I went to post with "Page 1-6" I got an error that I hadn't used enough characters... (shrug)
Nope! It has nothing to do with how many pages you posted. It has everything to do with what you say in the box in which you type your thoughts. If you leave it blank, it doesn't allow the post. If you enter so little as one letter or number, it does.
Very sorry about that! - There are no copyright marks on the manual that I found (just looked again) - Also, JET gave these manuals freely - I have the 'invoice' for this manual as "$0"

BUT - of course I don't want anyone upset with me, and will delete the post if that's what the moderators say! Please let me know if I should remove it.
Thanks for that. It's obvious that JET isn't concerned with distribution of the manual.

That said, you can't delete anything you post unless it is done immediately after you make a post. After a small prescribed period of time, you no longer have that option, nor do any of the readers. That feature has been disabled, due to it being abused by a reader. If something must be removed, even edited, it must be by a moderator or administrator.

Please understand that I am not trying to make your life difficult. We, as moderators, have a responsibility to the owner of the board. If we allow copyrighted materials to be published, he can find himself in a difficult position, one in which he could face the courts of the land. If we allow that to happen, one of the less than desirable "benefits" will be the loss to the readers of this free forum.

I take my assignment as a moderator on this board very seriously. I am just trying to do what is expected of me.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Turbo2Pete

Post by Turbo2Pete »

Harold_V wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:48 pm
Turbo2Pete wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:57 pm - FWIW, when I went to post with "Page 1-6" I got an error that I hadn't used enough characters... (shrug)
Nope! It has nothing to do with how many pages you posted. It has everything to do with what you say in the box in which you type your thoughts. If you leave it blank, it doesn't allow the post. If you enter so little as one letter or number, it does.
Very sorry about that! - There are no copyright marks on the manual that I found (just looked again) - Also, JET gave these manuals freely - I have the 'invoice' for this manual as "$0"

BUT - of course I don't want anyone upset with me, and will delete the post if that's what the moderators say! Please let me know if I should remove it.
Thanks for that. It's obvious that JET isn't concerned with distribution of the manual.

That said, you can't delete anything you post unless it is done immediately after you make a post. After a small prescribed period of time, you no longer have that option, nor do any of the readers. That feature has been disabled, due to it being abused by a reader. If something must be removed, even edited, it must be by a moderator or administrator.

Please understand that I am not trying to make your life difficult. We, as moderators, have a responsibility to the owner of the board. If we allow copyrighted materials to be published, he can find himself in a difficult position, one in which he could face the courts of the land. If we allow that to happen, one of the less than desirable "benefits" will be the loss to the readers of this free forum.

I take my assignment as a moderator on this board very seriously. I am just trying to do what is expected of me.

H
Harold, what I was saying is all that I typed in the box WAS "pages 1-6" - and with those 9 characters I got the message there wasn't enough... (no biggie, but one character wasn't enough in my case.)

I sent an email to JET asking for permission or objections (didn't say for where, just asking for sharing purposes) - I will update when I get a response... Since this manual is no longer on their support pages.

And no worries, I'm not taking any offense at you at all! Not making life difficult for me, I understand completely.
Is it spring yet???
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

d
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Hmmm. I don't know what the problem may be with your inability to post without extensive text. As you can plainly see, the post, above, is just a single letter. I also tried a new thread with just a single letter, and it, too was successful. Here's a link so you can verify for yourself.

https://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/vi ... 3&t=110040

Wish I had a better answer for you. I do suggest that you try again some time in the future. For all we know, the software was having a bad day.

H

Edit: I do thank you for your understanding and extra effort in verifying the copyright, or lack thereof. That is very much appreciated.
Turbo2Pete

Post by Turbo2Pete »

Harold_V wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:48 am Hmmm. I don't know what the problem may be with your inability to post without extensive text. As you can plainly see, the post, above, is just a single letter. I also tried a new thread with just a single letter, and it, too was successful. Here's a link so you can verify for yourself.

https://www.chaski.org/homemachinist/vi ... 3&t=110040

Wish I had a better answer for you. I do suggest that you try again some time in the future. For all we know, the software was having a bad day.

H

Edit: I do thank you for your understanding and extra effort in verifying the copyright, or lack thereof. That is very much appreciated.
All good! Yeah, if there's gonna be a glitch, it's going to happen to me! LOL.
Is it spring yet???