RE: JET JVM-626

Discussion on all milling machines vertical & horizontal, including but not limited to Bridgeports, Hardinge, South Bend, Clausing, Van Norman, including imports.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

pete

Re: RE: JET JVM-626

Post by pete »

I can't say about that mill, but a cast in (and not stamped) large M indicates a Meehanite https://meehanitemetal.com/the-process/ type of cast iron was used. And at least on all the mills I've seen it on including mine that large M is always located above the Knee's Z axis way's.
LouStule

Post by LouStule »

Thanks! I'll look there.
Turbo2Pete

Post by Turbo2Pete »

LouStule wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:36 pm
Turbo2Pete wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:49 am
Mike Warner wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:54 pm Does anybody know where I may be able to purchase a manual for a 1980 JET JVM-626 vertical bench mill. I’ve been online the last week or so and have found nothing. JET Corp. was no help.
One other thing, I’m looking for a print or design of a 4”-6” riser for this mill. Can anyone help me out.

Regards,
Mike Warner; Monroe,Mi.

Your post is old, but it came up while I was researching the mill I just got - I've got the manual, can make a copy if you still need it.
Wow! That's great. I too have this mill and was not able to find a manual for it. Of course I would be willing to pay for your time, materials and postage if I could obtain a copy? Thanks. Lou.
I'll try to get it scanned into a PDF and post it... Nudge me if I don't get back in a week or so!
Is it spring yet???
LouStule

Post by LouStule »

Turbo2Pete wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:38 pm
Turbo2Pete wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:49 am

Your post is old, but it came up while I was researching the mill I just got - I've got the manual, can make a copy if you still need it.
Wow! That's great. I too have this mill and was not able to find a manual for it. Of course I would be willing to pay for your time, materials and postage if I could obtain a copy? Thanks. Lou.
I'll try to get it scanned into a PDF and post it... Nudge me if I don't get back in a week or so!
If nothing else I would really appreciate the info on adjusting the gibs. Thanks!!
LouStule

Post by LouStule »

LouStule wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:16 pm

If nothing else I would really appreciate the info on adjusting the gibs. Thanks!!
Still looking if anyone knows anything. Thanks.
Turbo2Pete

Post by Turbo2Pete »

LouStule wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:16 pm
LouStule wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:16 pm

Still looking if anyone knows anything. Thanks.
Sorry I took so long!!! My scanner took a dump, I've had the manual with me trying to find time to scan it at work - Finally got a new unit at home, and here it is!

(If there's a files upload page I'll try to find it next)
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
Is it spring yet???
Turbo2Pete

Post by Turbo2Pete »

And the next 6 pages.... I'll have to post a few at a time (how many characters must I type before "your message contains too few characters goes away?)
Attachments
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
Is it spring yet???
Turbo2Pete

Post by Turbo2Pete »

And the Third 6 pages.... I'll have to post a few at a time (how many characters must I type before "your message contains too few characters goes away?)
Attachments
013.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG
016.JPG
017.JPG
018.JPG
Is it spring yet???
Turbo2Pete

Post by Turbo2Pete »

And the last page.... I'll have to post a few at a time (how many characters must I type before "your message contains too few characters goes away?)
Attachments
019.JPG
Is it spring yet???
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Turbo2Pete
It is important that you understand that this board should not have any copyrighted materials posted. Please ensure that the manual you have posted is not so protected. If it is, it must be removed from the board.

In regards to how many characters one must include when posting only images, one will do.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
LouStule

Post by LouStule »

Thank you so much Turbo2Pete!
Turbo2Pete

Post by Turbo2Pete »

Harold_V wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:26 am Turbo2Pete
It is important that you understand that this board should not have any copyrighted materials posted. Please ensure that the manual you have posted is not so protected. If it is, it must be removed from the board.

In regards to how many characters one must include when posting only images, one will do.

H
- FWIW, when I went to post with "Page 1-6" I got an error that I hadn't used enough characters... (shrug)

Very sorry about that! - There are no copyright marks on the manual that I found (just looked again) - Also, JET gave these manuals freely - I have the 'invoice' for this manual as "$0"

BUT - of course I don't want anyone upset with me, and will delete the post if that's what the moderators say! Please let me know if I should remove it.

If anyone needs it, PM me.
Is it spring yet???