MSC 1336 taper attachment info needed

All discussion about lathes including but not limited to: South Bend, Hardinge, Logan, Monarch, Clausing and other HSM lathes, including imports

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

tommy1010

MSC 1336 taper attachment info needed

Post by tommy1010 »

Just acquired a 1989 MSC 1336 lathe. It came with a taper attachment that was not installed on the lathe. The operators manual doesn't even show a taper attachment. It also has what I believe is the bed clamp for the taper attachment. My question is does anyone have a MSC 1336 with a taper attachment? If so, could you show a pic or two of the attachment installed on the lathe? I have had many taper attachments on lathes of different makes and models but this one is stumping me as to how it goes on the machine. Maybe I am missing a part for attachment? Some people have told me that MSC is an ENCO/Grizzly of the same vintage. Maybe some grizz or enco owners would know what I am talking about?????
John Evans

Re: MSC 1336 taper attachment info needed

Post by John Evans »

Pictures of the parts you do have would be of help. You might go to grizzly's web site and see if their parts breakdown for a similar lathe would give to some ideas. You mat be missing parts and you also may need to drill/tap some mounting holes. You basically have a generic Chinese lathe as also sold by Jet and others, and those outfits were never known for good manuals/parts lists etc.
www.chaski.com
tommy1010

Re: MSC 1336 taper attachment info needed

Post by tommy1010 »

I will post some pics as soon as I get the main body of it cleaned up as it was lying under the lathe unused. Bed clamp is like new. Still hoping someone has one like it.