Anytime Tools dial caliper

Topics include, Machine Tools & Tooling, Precision Measuring, Materials and their Properties, Electrical discussions related to machine tools, setups, fixtures and jigs and other general discussion related to amateur machining.

Moderators: GlennW, Harold_V

whateg0

Anytime Tools dial caliper

Post by whateg0 »

I've been wanting to get another inch/metric dial caliper for awhile now, but not many seemed to be available. I finally decided to pull the trigger on the Anytime Tools version and so far I am very happy with it. It move smoothly and seems as accurate as a set of calipers needs to be. My other dial set is one I bought from HF probably close to 15 years ago and it's served me very well, but I find myself wanting it both in the house/office and in the shop. Now I have a set for both places. I have many digitals, and often use multiple sets on a single job, setting the zero for different features on a part, for example, but more often than not, when I reach for one for a general measurement, I reach for the dial version.

Anyway, if anybody is trying to decide on a brand/model, I would not hesitate to buy this one again. Time will tell how it holds up, but I suspect as long as I take care of it and keep chips out of the rack and pinion, it'll last awhile.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5 ... UTF8&psc=1

Dave