Does anyone sharpen endmills?

This forum is for those individuals or small business to solicit requests for Service from those members of our group. Machining, Foundry work, Sheet Metal work etc. This site makes no guarranty of work or represenation by the users of this site. It merely attempts to provide a place to allow individuals the opportunity to meet and discuss needs and capabilities.

Moderator: Harold_V

Mike Walsh

Re: Does anyone sharpen endmills?

Post by Mike Walsh »

I learned to sharpen endmills as a lab tech in college... The lab superivsor always mistook my endmills for brand new ones. I had to start having them mark them before I went to work to prove a point (for fun). It was fun, not too bad, and I did OK. Best part is, if you goof up, drop the grinder a bit and go back to work. Fun times.
boaterri

Re: Does anyone sharpen endmills?

Post by boaterri »

Hello, I have acquired a KO Lee B600 cutter grinder. The machine has a 5/8" arbor. It is my plan to sharpen endmills, drills etc. as sending them out is not an option due to my location. What would be the preferred wheels as a good basic set for non carbide grinding? Is there a vendor that has them reasonably priced?