A few new signs...

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

OddDuck

Re: A few new signs...

Post by OddDuck »

Another new sign, a generic yard limit based on my rectangular PRR base sign. If you don't want PRR or UP yard limits, here ya go.
Had someone request this after seeing one in the background of a picture I posted on FB. So, of course I cast more. I have 5 available currently, if anyone is interested.
Attachments
IMG_20220829_153443236_rotated.jpg
Last edited by rmac on Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Photo Orientation
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Size and cost, please?
Thanks.
RussN
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Roughly 6"x8", same size as my "Caution" signs. As of tomorrow, they will be $25, plus shipping. They do fit nicely into a flat rate envelope, however. Somewhere on the Sale page I have a couple posts with a bunch of stuff as well, if you were curious.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
NP317

Post by NP317 »

Thank you!
RussN
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

It occurred to me that I had no idea how many sign patterns I have, so I gathered them together and did a video. Check it out!
https://youtu.be/dVjJnnIz7ts
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Folks, if you are planning to dress up or "modernize" your layout,club layout or private, I cannot think of a better source for signage. Pete is very accommodating and the prices are more than reasonable. If you have a preferred prototype sign or style, contact him with pictures or drawings. I won't promise he'll jump on a new pattern immediately, but you should have an exchange of ideas.

Contact Odd Duck Foundry with your ideas and/or wants. It's good stuff that won't break the bank.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
Erskine Tramway

Post by Erskine Tramway »

Pete is making the nameplates for my Erskine Tramway equipment. They are patterned after Sir Arthur's, and a friend in England, made the patterns.
278051916_381625613883392_959308999061884957_n.jpg
Here are some of the production plates. The rectangular plates go on the wagon frames, the ovals on the 'tops', or in the case of #6, which is for the rail roller wagon, the sides of fixed bodies.
Plates.jpg
No more trying to guess which Heywood wagon is which :D

Mike
Former Locomotive Engineer and Designer, Sandley Light Railway Equipment Works, Inc. and Riverside & Great Northern Railway 1962-77
BN RR Locomotive Engineer 1977-2014, Retired
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

And some more new signs! Had a request a while ago for signs more or less in the vein of early twentieth century Maine 2 foot gauge style. Not going off any particular prototype, so not sure if these are actually correct, but what the heck. Not sure what scale these would work out to either, my feeling would be 1/2 to 1/3 scale, maybe? If anyone is interested in some, let me know. These are spoken for, but the patterns are done and ready to go.
Attachments
20230123_160218.jpg