MDM diagram or schematic

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

DRS_RR

MDM diagram or schematic

Post by DRS_RR »

I was over a guys house recently who's son has an MDM GP60, they purchased it second hand several years ago and has developed an issue and won't run. They didn't get any manuals or schematics with it when they got it. They aren't frequent users of the internet so I told them I'd reach out to the community on here and see if I could locate any wiring diagrams or schematics from other builders of MDM locomotives that I might be able to get some scans or images that I could forward to them to get it going again.

Thanks,
Dave Salamon
UPsteamfan

Re: MDM diagram or schematic

Post by UPsteamfan »

I have an early, i mean very early one. This is the original 1995 edition of the very first MDM GP60. Locomotive has series wound traction motors, i don't know when they made the switch to permanent magnet motors. That being said out GP60 has been repowered using the system that West Bend Railcar Shops installed in their locomotives. Two 4QD pro-120 controllers and 4 permanent magnet motors, 1 for each axle.

UPsteamfan
DRS_RR

Post by DRS_RR »

thanks for the reply and info...found out they got the engine running recently, think it was by trial and error, but back on the rails. Thanks, Dave
UPsteamfan

Post by UPsteamfan »

Glad to here that