Turn Wright Machine Works

We all have a collection of favorite websites. Use this forum to post and share them!

Moderator: JackF

architard

Turn Wright Machine Works

Post by architard »

Hello, I've been a lurker on this board for several years. Finally signed up to post. I found an amazing youtube channel from a guy who runs a job shop on Cape Cod. I was actually surprised it wasn't in this forum already. His videos are well made, and he explains everything very clearly. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/kef791?feature=results_main
JackF

Re: Turn Wright Machine Works

Post by JackF »

architard,

Thanks for the link, great site. :D

Jack.
Tamper84

Post by Tamper84 »

I have been subscribed to him for a while. Love all of his videos.
Wanna-Be

Post by Wanna-Be »

Hi,
I think I have become addicted to Keith Fenner's YouTube videos. I began going on YouTube when ever I needed and idea of what metods/tooling in their shops. I think the first of Keith's videov series I began with was about his K&T horizontal boring mill. I had just purchase mine and hadn't yet figured it out nor it's full potential. At the end of that series I went the next step and purchased the vertical head. Up to that point I had told myself I wouldn't need that when I already had a 'bridgeport' type vert. and a large Scharman horizontal boring mill.

Anyway, I just spend another 4 hours last evening (10pm-2am) watching 5 of 6 videos of series The Million Dollar Rest!". Not so much because I need a "Rest"(s) for my lathes but because of all the different technics but machine capablilities that I would have never dreamed of.

One of my skills that I have grown up with is metal fabrication and althrough my welding skills have diminished over the past 55 years. I still want to build such things from plasma or torch burned parts. That 6 part video, even though it was just for the extensive repair of a lathe center rest, he indicated that he would be making one for his own smaller lathe and it was appearent from the detail in his process, was leading to that objective.

Just my opinion and glad there is a pleace to discuss this "Knowledge based Tool" (YouTube) to this fine forum.

Steve
Jet vert Mill, Champion 12X30 lathe, Amer. Mach. Tool radial drill, 24X60 LeBlond lathe, Scharmann 3" Hrz Brg Mill, Steptoe 18" Shaper, S/B Shaper,B&S (No.4 36") Gear Cutting Mach., Verson 22.5T Press Brake, Enco 12" hrz. saw, McEnglevan foundry furnace, Rockwell 14X42 lathe, K&T 2H univ horz. mill,DoAll 16-2 Vrt. bandsaw,Canedy-Otto drill press,Buffalo Iron Worker
royldean

Post by royldean »

Anybody happen to know the make/model of Keith's parting blade (on the clausing/colchester)?