2.5" Bull's Eye 3-feed Hydrostatic Lubricator

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

AnthonyDuarte

2.5" Bull's Eye 3-feed Hydrostatic Lubricator

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

The drawings for the 2.5" scale working hydrostatic lubricator are complete, and I had no idea what I was getting myself into! There are 112 parts per lubricator, which puts it at DOUBLE the number of parts compared to the No.9 Monitor injectors.

Estimated pricing is a lot higher than I hoped, but there's no getting around how complex these are. Looking at 9 machining operations just for the main body alone.

Working Lubricator - $2,795.00
Dummy Lubricator - $1,595.00
Casting Kit - $695.00

Casting kit would include the three major body castings, valve handles, sight glasses, and drawings to machine everything for a working lubricator. From there you would be able to decide to make it decorative or operational.

I need to get a feel for this project's viability, so if you are seriously interested in a kit, working, or dummy lubricator at these price points please let me know. Since these prices assume a minimum quantity for production, if there aren't enough people to commit, the project won't proceed.

Anthony
anthony@duarte.com
www.EccentricEngineer.com

Bullseye No 9 Assembly 1.JPG
Bullseye No 9 Assembly 2.JPG
Mountaineer

Re: 2.5" Bull's Eye 3-feed Hydrostatic Lubricator

Post by Mountaineer »

Up for one casting kit.

Regards,
Mountaineer
jeffsmith

Post by jeffsmith »

Casting kit for me. Are you going to do these in 1.5" scale?
Thanks
AnthonyDuarte

Post by AnthonyDuarte »

jeffsmith wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:40 pm Casting kit for me. Are you going to do these in 1.5" scale?
Thanks
A very hesitant maybe to 1.5"
Brian Hilgert

Post by Brian Hilgert »

I’m in for a casting kit.
Thanks
B
KenG

Post by KenG »

Anthony,

I am not surprised at the complexity and hence the cost. But if you make them, I know I could not live with myself if I didn't have one. The real question is how well will they work? I would probably use it for the air pumps. But if they don't work well then I would be just as happy with a dummy.

Right now I am piping up the first of my Monitor injectors. What an awesome product. They live in their jewelry boxes when not being handled.

Ken.
Attachments
C21 Injector.jpg