New Couplers, 1.5" and 2.5"

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

David S Coster

New Couplers, 1.5" and 2.5"

Post by David S Coster »

Accucraft Train is offering 1.5/1.6 all steel couplers with centering springs. We are also offering 2.5 all steel couplers based on the Sharon pattern. These are all new patterns. They are at a reasonable price. See our web site for more information. https://www.livesteamstation.com/accucr ... -on?page=2
Please mention me, David Coster when ordering.
David S Coster

Re: New Couplers, 1.5" and 2.5"

Post by David S Coster »

Forgot to mention, we are offering the new "Taller Knuckle" and the "trip pin" with a top shaft for uncoupling. both of these parts will be offered separately. They fit the TMRR couplers and the RMI couplers, and may fit others. you can find them on our web site but currently the picture needs to be updated. The knuckle is 1/2" overall taller than the aforementioned couplers. This will greatly help in keeping the cars from coming apart.
Glenn Brooks

Post by Glenn Brooks »

Dave, to confirm, are your existing 2.5” couplers compatible with the same size RMI couplers?

Thanks,
Glenn
Moderator - Grand Scale Forum

Motive power : 1902 A.S.Campbell 4-4-0 American - 12 5/8" gauge, 1955 Ottaway 4-4-0 American 12" gauge

Ahaha, Retirement: the good life - drifting endlessly on a Sea of projects....

Post by 0351 »

Dave, when do you expect your 2.5” couplers to be ready to ship?
I’m interested in several.
Thanks
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
John 14:6 (KJV)
FLSTEAM

Post by FLSTEAM »

Are the 2.5" couplers compatible with the RMI ones?

John B

Post by 0351 »

Well.....has anyone gotten a response from David, or has Aacucraft Trains gone full RMI on us? :mrgreen:
I PM’d David reguarding 2.5” couplers, no reply.
Thanks Curt
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
Kevin S

Post by Kevin S »

Talking with Dave last Saturday , he said they are in a container being shipped currently and doesn't know when the container will arrive in the port.
-Kevin S.

Post by 0351 »

Kevin, thanks for the update.
David S Coster

Post by David S Coster »

Yes, the new couplers are compatible to the RMI couplers. RMI had two 2.5 couplers. One was the Sharon and the other did not have any lettering on it. This new one is a Sharon version and it can mate with the other one.

I will keep you informed as to arrival dates.

Post by 0351 »

David S Coster wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:04 pm Yes, the new couplers are compatible to the RMI couplers. RMI had two 2.5 couplers. One was the Sharon and the other did not have any lettering on it. This new one is a Sharon version and it can mate with the other one.

Thank you sir!
I’m instead in 5 pairs of the 2.5” Sharon’s.
Looking forward to their arrival.
Soot n' Cinders

Post by Soot n' Cinders »

David S Coster wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:04 pm Yes, the new couplers are compatible to the RMI couplers. RMI had two 2.5 couplers. One was the Sharon and the other did not have any lettering on it. This new one is a Sharon version and it can mate with the other one.

What’s the difference? I’ve got the unlettered RMI couplers on my shay, I haven’t noticed any issues with them but I’ve never coupled to any other RMI equipment, only Artzberger couplers.
-Tristan

Projects
-2.5" scale Class A 20 Ton Shay

Steam Siphon: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/leavitt ... tive-works
David S Coster

Post by David S Coster »

I have an update on couplers, After our container was bumped from the last ship, over booked, It is now on the high seas. Should be here mid to late may.