For Sale..If you have an oil eater and a spark plug in your fire box, you may want this.

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

Emfinger

For Sale..If you have an oil eater and a spark plug in your fire box, you may want this.

Post by Emfinger »

I purchased a oil eater and it came with a spark plug in the firebox. With no way to make a spark. I built a spark generator to do the job.

I must say when the exhaust sucks out the flame I push the button and in less than a second it's lit. Now mind you I built a spark generator that ticks off a 100,000+ volt spark. The thing I built is smaller than a cagar box and the 4 "D" cells have been doing the job for more than 3 years.

Spark box $235
Tom Emfinger
(760) 821-8003
emfinger@adelphia.net

Thank you
Emfinger

Re: For Sale..If you have an oil eater and a spark plug in your fire box, you may want this.

Post by Emfinger »

https://youtu.be/tpW6XFYYMoo this is the spark I generate
Santafescotty60

Re: For Sale..If you have an oil eater and a spark plug in your fire box, you may want this.

Post by Santafescotty60 »

Hi Buddy, Can you send a picture and a price I have an ignitor on my Allens models 10 Wheeler. And now building a Little Engines Atlantic propane Gas fired .
Emfinger

Post by Emfinger »

Here is the box it's about 7" x 5" x 2" every thing is in the box. The 4 "D" cells are several years old and still kick butt.
Attachments
Spark box.JPG
Emfinger

Post by Emfinger »

Sorry I forgot ...$235
Tom
Emfinger

Post by Emfinger »

Santafescotty60 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:59 pm Hi Buddy, Can you send a picture and a price I have an ignitor on my Allens models 10 Wheeler. And now building a Little Engines Atlantic propane Gas fired .
You know propane Gas can be ignited with as little as a static spark. My spark generator is designed to light a wet mist / vapor of oil it's a 100,000+ volt spark. Perhaps a bit of an "over kill" but I be happy to sell you one.
Tom
Santafescotty60

send a picture to me slewis100@co.net
thanks Scotty
Santafescotty60

yes finally got back to this sight thanks I am thinking on it did you ever investigate rechargeable lithium ion battery's from an RC car shop you could make the box smaller and have a charge port
i am thinking on it
Emfinger

Post by Emfinger »

Santafescotty60 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:51 am yes finally got back to this sight thanks I am thinking on it did you ever investigate rechargeable lithium ion battery's from an RC car shop you could make the box smaller and have a charge port
i am thinking on it
Yes it could be made smaller with lithium ion, but the cost would go up. 4 "D" cells may last as long as their normal shelf life, and that isn't bad.