Getting password reset

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

TomB

Getting password reset

Post by TomB »

I have always kept my password in the MS archive and it gets filled in automatically. I decided to change browsers from MS Edge to Firefox and Firefox does not read the old archive. Everything is going better except I don't remember my Home Machinist password. I've tried to use the forgot PW feature but I get no response. That may be because I've never updated my email address and the one I may have used years ago is tied to another address from which I've move and since forgot. What's the best next step? I can still use my old browser but don't know what to change on the site to facilitate the new browser.

Tom
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Getting password reset

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

Tom, please PM (Private Message) me your correct email address. I sent you an email with the email address we had on file. You are correct, it bounced so you changed email addresses but did not update it in your User Control Panel. You can do this yourself by clicking on your name in the upper right corner of the screen. Click on User Control Panel. THEN click on the PROFILE TAB, then along the left, click on EDIT ACCOUNT SETTINGS. Change your email address there.

Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"
TomB

Post by TomB »

I still have not been able to change my password. I could not figure out how to do PM. When I tried I got into some strange state and it offered me chance to reply but when I did so I have no idea where the reply went. My email address is tbarker****31415.gmail.com with the **** removed. I will forever be indebted for the help and promise to keep my profile more up to date> :-))
Tom B
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

TomB wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:18 am I still have not been able to change my password.
Can you briefly describe the problem you're having?

It will help for me to understand which of the board choices you're using, as each one has its own characteristics. If you don't know, it should appear at the top of the page you're on when on the board. I use Alan Style -SUBSILVER. That information, for me, is displayed under the phpbb logo, top left hand side of the screen. If you use a different board type, it most likely will be slightly different.
I could not figure out how to do PM.
Again, board type may play a roll. If I wish to send a PM to one of the board members, I begin by clicking on their name. That opens a window that allows me to click on a button to send a PM. It automatically addresses the PM to that recipient, but if you wish to send copies to others, you have the option of adding more board names.
When I tried I got into some strange state and it offered me chance to reply but when I did so I have no idea where the reply went.
If the board offered an opportunity for a reply, you're doing it correctly.

When you click the send button, the replay goes to your outbox, where it will remain until it is opened by the recipient. Once opened, it then appears in your sent box. That's how you know it has been received.
My email address is tbarker****31415.gmail.com with the **** removed. I will forever be indebted for the help and promise to keep my profile more up to date> :-))
Tom B
I am going to send a message to the above address, but it will be strictly to advise you that you have a reply to this post waiting for you.
H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

He's squared away
Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"