WAH!!!

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

earlgo

WAH!!!

Post by earlgo »

I misplaced my "How to Run a Lathe" book. Anyone seen it or know where I put it? Someday the house recyclers will find it and pitch it in the dumpster with the other stuff. Hopefully, before then.....
--earlgo
Yes, I know it is on line, but my own printed copy is better.
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
stephenc

Re: WAH!!!

Post by stephenc »

If you don't find it in the near future send me a message I have a dog eared but complete copy you can have
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

Thanks for the offer, but after the zillianth look at the book case I found it next to another thinner paperback book that had curled over and hidden the black binding. It is like anything else, you find what you were looking for days ago when looking for something else.
A few years go I lost my micrometer and was about to order a new one, when I needed a bolt and there in the bolt box was the mic. I am confused when that happens.
--earlgo
Before you do anything, you must do something else first. - Washington's principle.
tornitore45

Post by tornitore45 »

erlago, you have been on this board long enough to be past the need of the basics in How to run a lathe
Mauro Gaetano
in Austin TX
earlgo

Post by earlgo »

I wish, but thanks for the vote of confidence.
My friend was machining a cast iron model steam engine part for a mutual friend, and he mentioned to me that he found WD-40 to be a really good lubricant for cast iron, and I wanted to add that marginal note. The mutual friend said he used WD-40 all the time on cast iron, even as a tapping fluid. News to both of us.
And I also have the Manual of Lathe Operation and Machinists Tables from the Atlas Press Company that came with the 1958 Atlas Lathe that my Dad bought new. Hopefully I won't lose that as I am not sure that it is replaceable.
Some day my nephews or son-in-law may need the info.
--earlgo
stephenc

Post by stephenc »

I can feel your pain , organization is something that has eluded me ... If there's a flat spot a pile will start .
Attachments
IMG_20210510_154051.jpg