youtube ads increasing?

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

Steggy

Re: youtube ads increasing?

Post by Steggy »

Harold_V wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:13 pmAs an example, the information on molten iron isn't political...
Ah, yes, but red molten iron is better than blue molten iron. :D Just kidding!
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

BigDumbDinosaur wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:15 am
Harold_V wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:13 pmAs an example, the information on molten iron isn't political...
Ah, yes, but red molten iron is better than blue molten iron. :D Just kidding!
Not a problem, because that's true. If you get molten iron to a blue heat, it's way too hot. :lol:

In my years of refining, I also refined platinum and palladium. Melting platinum is an experience that's hard to forget. Dazzling white heat that radiates and causes "sun burn". I can't imagine a higher temperature.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

Harold_V wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:26 amIn my years of refining, I also refined platinum and palladium. Melting platinum is an experience that's hard to forget. Dazzling white heat that radiates and causes "sun burn". I can't imagine a higher temperature.
Tungsten.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

Advertisers are targeting social media because it is free. Whenever anythying is free, it won't stay that for long.
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
Mr Ron

Post by Mr Ron »

Harold_V wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:19 pm
Geoffm wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:11 pm I use an extension for Firefox that strips out the YouTube ads and sponser vids on the fly. I can look up what it is later if anyone is interested.
G
Please do. I often listen to music on YouTube. They've started interrupting songs mid-coarse for 5 second ads. What a shameless bunch of greedy people they have become.

H
Have you tried Spotify? They have the largest selection of music I have ever seen.Just type in a name and immediately you will have hundreds of recordings to choose from, all organized into albums. https://www.bing.com/search?q=spotify&c ... A1&PC=U531
Mr.Ron from South Mississippi
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Mr Ron wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:07 pm Have you tried Spotify?
Heh! No, and I've never heard of it. :shock:

Thanks for the link, which I will explore soon. Quite busy right now and don't have the time to explore, but it's sure to be a hit with me and my wife.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
atunguyd

Post by atunguyd »

Mr Ron wrote:
Harold_V wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:19 pm
Geoffm wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:11 pm I use an extension for Firefox that strips out the YouTube ads and sponser vids on the fly. I can look up what it is later if anyone is interested.
G
Please do. I often listen to music on YouTube. They've started interrupting songs mid-coarse for 5 second ads. What a shameless bunch of greedy people they have become.

H
Have you tried Spotify? They have the largest selection of music I have ever seen.Just type in a name and immediately you will have hundreds of recordings to choose from, all organized into albums. https://www.bing.com/search?q=spotify&c ... A1&PC=U531
Or deezer, similar product but with even more songs or at least the last time I checked.
Get the paid subscription though as they both insert ads for the free versions

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk