Craftsman Pressure Washer

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

ctwo

Craftsman Pressure Washer

Post by ctwo »

Neighbor could not get pressure so I helped him take it apart and everything we could get apart looked fine. We could not get the pressure adjustment apart though - that's the part with a small bolt sicking out and a nut that presses a spring onto some round assembly that is pinned into the pump casing (representative pic).

He bought a new pump. Should we expect the pump to come filled with oil? This pump does not have a filler hole and you have to split the wobbler section to fill with oil. He doesn't want to do that since it's already installed.
Attachments
pressure-washer.PNG
pressure-washer.PNG (64.09 KiB) Viewed 7138 times
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...
Harold_V

Re: Craftsman Pressure Washer

Post by Harold_V »

That's a rather weird scenario. A crankcase can be provided dry, so I'd come down on the side that says it is. However, they don't usually build an assembly so it has to be dismantled in order for lubrication to be installed, so I'm doubting that would be the case.

I think that I'd contact the builder before jumping to conclusions, or following advice tendered by someone who may be wrong. Play it safe. Get the proper instructions.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
Russ Hanscom

Re: Craftsman Pressure Washer

Post by Russ Hanscom »

Curious, did you attempt to pull the staple/pin to get the pressure control apart? I would want to look and see if something simple like an O ring had died.

Some air compressors are made in a lubeless design, the new washer pump might be the same concept, but to ere on the side of caution, probably should check the instructions - or rely on the craftsman guarantee and if it dies, take it back!