Sirens

The Junk Drawer is for those Off Topical discussions where we can ask questions of the community that we feel might have the ability to help out.

Moderator: Harold_V

spro

Sirens

Post by spro »

Air raid and slightly out of synch. Somehow we need this going in and out of phase.
spro

Re: Sirens

Post by spro »

I don't think there is much left of the WWII types. Whoe they ramped up. They were Super Alert. They were growling sirens, in and out of phase . Phase shifting came from that.
Steggy

Post by Steggy »

What in Sam Hill are you talking about?
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Music isn’t at all difficult.  All you gotta do is play the right notes at the right time!  :D
NP317

Post by NP317 »

I have no idea either.
RussN
curtis cutter

Post by curtis cutter »

They were used a lot in volunteer fire stations.
Gregg
Just let go of it, it will eventually unplug itself.
spro

Post by spro »

It is too bad that you say you don't know what I'm talking about. I think you know. In and out of phase. it is going to happen.
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

I think I know what you're talking about, and if I'm right, you're cruising for a bruising. I just can't help but think that you're discussing a political issue, something that is going to get you banned from the board if you persist.

If I am wrong, please accept my apology. If I'm right, cease and desist if you hope to remain a reader in good standing.

H
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
spro

Post by spro »

I was used to sirens. The serious nearby fire department had people who were testing sirens. I was working swing shifts and at any time they were howling.
There was pulse, phase shift and many tests. The air raid type are too huge but I searched and found some on utube. That is a ripping experience. Please no. It can't go that way.
reggie_obe

Post by reggie_obe »

I venture outside. The night is cold with wind, I hear a twig snap. Instinctively I crouch and scan the shadows No, charlie isn't there.
armscor 1

Post by armscor 1 »

Years ago one of my MC riding mates who was in the SAS in Nam, his mouth would quiver when he saw a chopper.
reggie_obe

Post by reggie_obe »

Harold_V wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:53 am I think I know what you're talking about, and if I'm right, you're cruising for a bruising. I just can't help but think that you're discussing a political issue, something that is going to get you banned from the board if you persist.

If I am wrong, please accept my apology. If I'm right, cease and desist if you hope to remain a reader in good standing.

H
Disrespectful talk to those that have served and lived to tell and SPRO is one of them
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

reggie_obe wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:43 pm
Harold_V wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:53 am I think I know what you're talking about, and if I'm right, you're cruising for a bruising. I just can't help but think that you're discussing a political issue, something that is going to get you banned from the board if you persist.

H
Disrespectful talk to those that have served and lived to tell and SPRO is one of them
In order to receive respect, it should be given.

It is, likewise, disrespectful to abuse the simple guidelines we try to uphold on this board.

This isn't a new problem, it is one that has been ongoing for years. No amount of reasoning, or warnings issued, have been helpful; they have only lead to veiled comments. I have deleted a large number of threads as a result.

It must be understood that this board is to be free from politics, religion and bad language. Those who refuse to comply will be reigned in by what ever (legal) means necessary. That is my job here. I do my job.

If some readers find it necessary to discuss matters that are off topic on this board, they are free to find a venue where they are permitted. They are not free to change the way this board operates, and attempts to do so will not be tolerated.

Harold
Wise people talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.