Nice to meet you....

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

rsterne

Nice to meet you....

Post by rsterne »

Airgun nut living in south central BC, Canada here (Coalmont).... I do a lot of my own stuff on an Atlas 12 x 36 with an original Atlas milling attachment.... Here's a photo of one project gun I call the Hayabusa.... I made all the aluminum bits.... plus the CrMoly main tube.... barrel is a Lothar Walther from Germany.... stock and trigger group and repeater magazines from a Benjamin Marauder....

I don't know how much time I'll spend here but I'll try to check in occasionally.... That beast is currently a .25 cal, running on a 3000 psi 22 cu.in. tank regulated down to 1900 psi.... It spits out 25 gr. pellets at 960 fps for 52 FPE, about 45 shots per fill.... I also have a .22 cal barrel for it, and in future I will be putting a .30 cal, 9mm, .45 cal and even a .410 shotgun barrel on it.... ongoing project....

Bob
Last edited by rsterne on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Patio

Re: Nice to meet you....

Post by Patio »

Welcome to the board.

That is nice!
Do you have pictures of the build?
I will be watching with interest! :)
Live for the moment!
Prepare for tomorrow!
Forgive the past!
rsterne

Post by rsterne »

The easiest for me is to give you a link.... http://airgundevelopment.com/custombuild/sterne.html

Lots of photos and a bit of a description there.... Any specific questions, I 'll be glad to answer....

Bob
pacrat

Post by pacrat »

Welcome to the forum.

Nicely done Dude
JackF

Post by JackF »

Welcome Bob,

Nice gun, beautiful work.

Jack.
daved20319

Post by daved20319 »

Hi, Bob, glad to finally be on the same forum with you so I can say thank you. We don't hang out on the same airgun forums, but I followed several of your posts on some QB mods you did awhile back, and shamelessly stole your idea of the reversed tank block. This is the result:

Came out really well, I was getting 30 FPE and >50 shots from a 13 cu. in. bottle with a 1200 PSI regulator. I'm working on a more ambitious project this winter, something along the lines of your Hayabusa. About the only thing QB on the new build is the trigger unit, and that's just because I have several. Once those are use up, I'll switch over to the Marauder trigger group.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your work. Later.

Dave
rsterne

Post by rsterne »

I've seen that design somewhere before!.... Nicely executed, Dave.... glad it worked out for you.... I have a pair of Crosman 2260s that have been converted the same way (one to a 2560), plus I also did a QB78 which I have since sold.... I really like the reversed tank block I came up with, I'm surprised nobody has jumped on it commercially.... wouldn't bother me at all....

Bob
daved20319

Post by daved20319 »

Thanks, Bob, it worked out really well, and was exactly the inspiration I needed at the time. I'd already tried the standard tank block, with the tank hanging off the end of the tube, and HATED both the look and the balance. About the same time I was pointed to your post on the reversed tank block, I also found your post on tube volume, the rest, as they say, is history :-).

I'm a little surprised you're only getting about 52 FPE from the Hayabusa, mind if I ask what you used for a valve? Did you make your own, or did you use a stock valve? Or do you think the power limit is reg pressure? I'm pretty sure that was my limit on my last build, which is the reason I'm going with a 2K reg on my current build. Oh, on other question (for now), what kind of shot count are you getting before it goes off reg? Later.

Dave