A Mistake corrected

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Jackotrades05

A Mistake corrected

Post by Jackotrades05 »

I want to first apologize for my rant, and my personal anger at issues that are clearly addressed better by doing so in the proper place.
My personal feelings got the best of me for a time ,as I had been in touch with men I have known most of My adult life, and the anger grew from a Spark to a small explosion in my attitude concerning My Country I have served honorably for 23 years, and the thought that I felt I was , and had been wasting My time, FRUSTRATION occurred !

Enough said, it is today , and not yesterday , and I have also asked My Lord for the same forgiveness for My poor taste , and judgement.

I hope that I have not caused any anguish for My fellow Sportsmen, and Ladies.
Best,Jimmy D,
Dave_C

Re: A Mistake corrected

Post by Dave_C »

Jimmy D.

It's all good here! I've been there done that and had to retract my foot out of my mouth more than once.

Due to differenace in opinions, we try to avoid getting to deep with our personal convictions even when it comes to machine brands. We do however have some very strong opinions on how to do things correctly, LOL.

Over the years I have learned to use words like, It looks like, it might be, it is possible that, and by doing so leaves room for two things.

1. I could be wrong or just not have all the facts that I think I do.

2. Someone else might know more about it thatn I do and by leaving the door open they might just help me figure it out.

3. By not being so single minded about my opinion it does not become a personal challenge if someone disagrees with me. Now we are just trading thoughts and yours has value as well.

Don't be too hard on yourself, I bet some of us shared the same frustrations that you posted. (Or not)

Back to the machines, :lol:

Dave C.
I learn something new every day! Problem is I forget two.
ctwo

Re: A Mistake corrected

Post by ctwo »

JimmyD,

If you remember what you posted about...We won this one!!!
Standards are so important that everyone must have their own...
To measure is to know - Lord Kelvin
Disclaimer: I'm just a guy with a few machines...