Sako Riihimaki action

Topical Discussions include anything pertaining to Gunsmithing.

Moderators: JackF, Harold_V

Butch Lambert

Sako Riihimaki action

Post by Butch Lambert »

I was just given a small action missing the bolt release and trigger group. The serial# is 42689. It has a small bolt face and a Mauser style bolt. Any info on the action or help in locating parts would be appreciated. Thebarrelman
GeorgeGaskill

Re: Sako Riihimaki action

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

Without seeing your action, I am guessing it is a brother to mine which was bought in the late '60's and sent to P. O. Ackley to be barreled with a .17-.222 barrel. The action was sold as an L-461 but the stock I ordered for an L-461 didn't fit. After sending an accurate drawing of the action to Reinhart Fajen, they replied that it was a 469 action, not an L-461. Since my serial number is less than 400 lower than yours, my guess is that you have a Sako 469 action. I'll have to look around and also pull the stock on this rifle to check out the trigger parts but since I replaced the factory trigger with a Canjar single set trigger, I may have the old trigger parts around somewhere. No bolt stop but I might be prevailed upon to remove, measure and CAD up a print for the bolt stop parts.

Can also take more pix if desired.

Butch Lambert

Post by Butch Lambert »

Thanks a lot. They look indentical except serial#. I would like to purchase your trigger if possible. A drawing or print would help. My e-mail is [email]papawlambert@netscape.net.[/email] I need to find why I'm having trouble login on to the forum. Thebarrelman
GeorgeGaskill

Look in the User List for your old Username

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

If you can't look, tell me what is is/was and I'll look.
Al_Messer

Re: Look in the User List for your old Username

Post by Al_Messer »

It used to be "butchlambert1"
Al Messer

"One nation, under God"
butch lambert1

Post by butch lambert1 »

I entered butch lambert1 with the new password sent to me and it still doesn't work. Butch
GeorgeGaskill

Try it as butchlambert1 without a space ...

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

between the names.
GeorgeGaskill

I pulled the stock from the .17 and confirmed ...

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

that the trigger mechanism is a two lever type similar to what I remember the Win Model 70 trigger as; that is an upper lever that pivots from the forward part of the rear "lump," blocks the firing pin from forward motion, and contains a sear on a lower protrusion that engages a notch in the trigger. The trigger itself pivots on the rear of the rear lump and has an overtravel adjustment, in addition to the sear notch. The Canjar trigger only replaces the trigger itself, so unless you have the "sear bar," you'll need to get or make one of those. Can measure and provide drawing of that, too (have not looked for the trigger yet.) The drawings will take a while as I have a lever action silhouette match to run this Sunday.

The image is of the Canjar trigger without its trigger shoe.

GeorgeGaskill

Haven't had time to finish a drawing yet but ...

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

here is a scan of the sear bar and the Canjar set trigger. The sear bar pin is .118" (probably a nominal 3.00 mm) and the trigger pin is .078" (probably a nominal 2.00 mm). Have yet to find the original trigger but don't give up yet.
Butch Lambert

Post by Butch Lambert »

I will be going back to pick up the other 3 pickup loads of shooting stuff next week and hope I can find the rest of the action. It is sure nice to have the help we get on this board. Don't go to too much trouble on this drawing until I pick the rest of the stuff up and check it out. Thebarrelman
GeorgeGaskill

I located the original trigger (in the first ...

Post by GeorgeGaskill »

box I looked in, although not in the box I expected it to be) and here is a scan of it.

By the way, Riihimaki is the town where the Sako plant is/was.
Butch Lambert

Re: I located the original trigger (in the first .

Post by Butch Lambert »

George would you sell it to me? Butch