Custom Freight Car Builders

This forum is dedicated to Riding Scale Railroading with propulsion using other than steam (Hydraulics, diesel engines, gas engines, electric motors, hybrid etc.)

Moderator: Harold_V

FLtenwheeler

Custom Freight Car Builders

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Hi All

Who is building custom freight now? I am looking at a couple 36' wood boxcars. I have prototype blueprints..

Here is a 34' I had built

Tim
FB_IMG_1527875930854.jpg
FB_IMG_1527875930854.jpg (137.64 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
Pontiacguy1

Re: Custom Freight Car Builders

Post by Pontiacguy1 »

J&S Railcar. That would be Scott Lindsay. Lives in TN. I don't know how much of a backlog he has, but there's only one way to find out.

http://www.jsrailcar.com/index.htm
FLtenwheeler

Post by FLtenwheeler »

Pontiacguy1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:13 pm J&S Railcar. That would be Scott Lindsay. Lives in TN. I don't know how much of a backlog he has, but there's only one way to find out.

http://www.jsrailcar.com/index.htm
Scott has not taken any orders for close to 2 years. He is that backlogged. I have 5 of his cars and they are great. I also have one in the works with him. I was just wondering if anyone else builds custom cars.

Tim
He who dies with the most unfinished projects: Should of put more time into their hobby.
SPSteam2491

Post by SPSteam2491 »

We are about 6 months out from having the equipment in house to make this kind of kit for custom orders. If you are still looking at that time, please let us know.
Thanks
John LaFavor
Pacific Design Shops