WTB 7 1/2" Gauge Steam Locomotive

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

H&NERY

WTB 7 1/2" Gauge Steam Locomotive

Post by H&NERY »

I'm looking for a 7 1/2" gauge steam locomotive, preferably a Shay or geared locomotive but will consider rod engines also. 1 1/2" or 2 1/2" scale doesn't matter. Just seeing what is out there before I build one, I have enough 3/4" scale projects going at this time. Closer to Wisconsin the better, but I am willing to travel some for the right locomotive. I would consider something that needs some work, but would rather have one that is operable or close to it. Must be able to negotiate 30' radius curves or less. Contact me through a private message and we can go from there. Thanks.
Odyknuck

Re: WTB 7 1/2" Gauge Steam Locomotive

Post by Odyknuck »

H&NERY

Post by H&NERY »

I've been watching that site for quite a while, when I wasn't looking for an engine that sized there was some nice stuff on there I missed out on.
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

Well keep watching it as they do turn up now and then.
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

H&NERY

Post by H&NERY »

I’ve seen those also, I really like the little Consolidation, looks like most of the machine work is done and he will ship. Those little Americans look like a pretty good deal also. Those Consolidations were a kit someone was putting together in the 80’s I guess. I found a video on YouTube of one running. Looks like a stout little engine.
Odyknuck

Post by Odyknuck »

I looked at the little Consolidation when I was searching for something to buy. They were $7500 then so at 5K that's a pretty good deal considering they come with a cab and tender. At 5K, I would have bought one.
H&NERY

Post by H&NERY »

I’m looking at one other option right now, if that don’t pan out I may jump onto one of those Consolidations, they were for sale on DLS a while ago, they sold the pair for basically what he wants for one, but that still is a good deal. I missed out on a few options a while back but wasn’t looking for a locomotive of 7 1/2” gauge track at that time.
Gra2472

Post by Gra2472 »

I still have both of them for sale. I had agreed to a trade them for some backhoe and concrete work at my house but the guy never showed up! Make me an offer. Right now I am asking $5000 each but I will let both go to one buyer at $4000 each. That’s what I have them listed for with the SVLS in Sacramento. I’ll even deliver them as far as Sacramento.

They have all of their major parts accounted for, including drawings and original notes. One is still packaged up in oil and plastic wrap and sealed in a big bin. The other is partially assembled and has even gone for a test roll around my railroad. There are a few extra parts and miscellaneous pieces that go with them. Too much stuff to list here.

I was willing to ship them at my cost, but prices are recently skyrocketed. However, if you want them shipped I will crate them for you.

Make me a reasonable offer. ****ENGINES ARE SOLD****

Garrett
7.5" Allen Mogul
3 x 7.5" West Valley Baldwin Westinghouse Electrics
The railroad is almost done.
G. Augustus
Monte Rio, Ca.
Gra2472

Post by Gra2472 »

Sale pending
7.5" Allen Mogul