ODF AAR Class B truck kit list

For the Buying/Selling/Trading of items of interest to those of us in the Live Steam Hobby.

Moderators: gwrdriver, Harold_V

OddDuck

ODF AAR Class B truck kit list

Post by OddDuck »

Howdy and happy holidays! To those of you who are still interested in in a kit of my AAR Class B trucks, I am pretty much ready to get started on them.
Unfortunately, the hold up is the cost of raw materials, namely fuel for my large furnace. I need to use this furnace to process the larger amounts needed for some of the larger castings, and processing scrap aluminum wheels.
If you would like a set, it will be a $50 deposit per set. Message me and I can invoice you or arrange payment some other way. Your name will then be on the list, and as truck kits are completed, you will be invoiced for the remainder. I will go sequentially down the list as kits are completed. So as to be able to get these done in a reasonable time frame, I am going to limit the list to 30 kits, for now.
I know many of you have already contacted me, and this may be a bit redundant, but let's get this rolling, I have future plans based off of this basic kit, so more will be coming. Thank you.
Attachments
IMG_20220617_150233929_HDR.jpg
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
Daylight 4411

Re: ODF AAR Class B truck kit list

Post by Daylight 4411 »

Please put me on the list for two pairs of trucks
Daylight 4411

Post by Daylight 4411 »

Daylight 4411 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:55 pm Please put me on the list for two pairs of trucks
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Daylight4411, PM me your email and I can send you an invoice. Thank you very much!
Oh, and just to be clear, this is for a truck casting kit, not completed trucks.
"If you took the bones out they wouldn't be crunchy!" -Monty Python's Flying Circus
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

I have the first pair under the ALCO FA1 Peter and I have been constructing over the past three years. They look great, and simply require some heavy duty springs. These are nice trucks if you are building an ALCO, a Baldwin cab, some early FM's, and of course GE U-Boats.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Thanks Dick! Six sets spoken for so far...
timboswell7

Post by timboswell7 »

What is the total cost of the truck? I am very interested. I am building an Alco RS3 and these trucks would be perfect. I am building it to be battery/electro-motor driven. Thank you for your time.
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Total cost is $300 US plus probably $40 or so flat rate shipping. Casting is in progress, early stages but parts are being made, and plenty of slots left on the list. PM me for details.
PRR5406

Post by PRR5406 »

Glory-osky, Odd Duck! Does that mean $600 for two truck kits? What a bargain.
"Always stopping my train, and risking my ankles, with American made, New Balance sneakers."
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Well, you know my philosophy on this. I'm not trying to make a million bucks. These aren't museum grade, they aren't crafted from platinum in a pristine factory using moon dust for casting sand to give that mirror finish perfectly on tolerance, and they can't hold an elephant, although your FA1 might be a good test. I want them to be relatively affordable. This is a very expensive hobby to get into, and I am looking to be a supplier to those with a smaller budget. I know if I couldn't make things, I wouldn't be doing it.
timboswell7

Post by timboswell7 »

ODD DUCK, I am interested in two sets Please. What will you need from me?
OddDuck

Post by OddDuck »

Just PM me your email, and I can invoice you for the two deposits.